• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I tried Priest in the arena last night and had a pretty baller deck setting up but couldn't for the life of me get enough early game cards/minions, so ended up only going 3-3 despite having two legendary cards because I got destroyed by two aggro decks. :(

Also, worst feeling in the world when you mulligan a card that you know won't be useful at all until end game and then get it right back.

I gotta work on programming an AI to play this game for me.

I'm tempted to just spend the $20 on the other wings of the adventure. I don't want to use 700 gold to open up a wing; I'd rather use that gold to play in the Arena or buy more packs of cards. I'm STILL trying to get a legendary that's useful to me. All I have right now is Baron Geddon and King Crush.

I tried Priest in the arena last night and had a pretty baller deck setting up but couldn't for the life of me get enough early game cards/minions, so ended up only going 3-3 despite having two legendary cards because I got destroyed by two aggro decks. :(

Also, worst feeling in the world when you mulligan a card that you know won't be useful at all until end game and then get it right back.

I gotta work on programming an AI to play this game for me.

I play Priest in the Arena almost every time, because it's the deck I'm most comfortable with. With the right cards, it's pretty versatile and can control the board. I've never gone better than 5-3, though. I'm pretty sure I read once that even the best decks only win like 60% of time among skilled players.

I'm tempted to just spend the $20 on the other wings of the adventure. I don't want to use 700 gold to open up a wing; I'd rather use that gold to play in the Arena or buy more packs of cards. I'm STILL trying to get a legendary that's useful to me. All I have right now is Baron Geddon and King Crush.

.. and Maexxna once you beat the first wing, amirite? It seems like a decent card for taking out minions.

I play Priest in the Arena almost every time, because it's the deck I'm most comfortable with. With the right cards, it's pretty versatile and can control the board. I've never gone better than 5-3, though. I'm pretty sure I read once that even the best decks only win like 60% of time among skilled players.

Yeah, I'm happy to get to 3-4 just to break even vs just buying decks.

I'm enjoying playing priest doe, I was playing my druid pretty significantly but I think I like the priest better even if it isn't showing that well in the end rankings. Only thing I hate is when an opponent has a bunch of 4 attack minions out.

Gotta respect Blizzard. They convince people who won't play role playing games to play WoW. They convince people who won't play Magic the Gathering to play Hearthstone.

Love the H Stone chatter.

For those who have played the expansion: Do you get any rewards outside of the soulbound Naxx cards?

Gotta respect Blizzard. They convince people who won't play role playing games to play WoW. They convince people who won't play Magic the Gathering to play Hearthstone.

Speaking of MTG: I haven't played since 2001 but recently inventoried my cards - I still have ~1,000 cards from 1994-2001. Anyone play and have any interest in them?

If you have an Xbox One, I've got a Destiny Beta code for you...

RM29H-WH2M2-H2PMR-6P7TF-CCX3Z

I only had time to play the first 30 minutes this morning, but it is very impressive.

Ha, well MTG is really a lot different. I really respect blizzard for coming up with an excellent free2play model that probably still nets them a ton of cash. That's probably the biggest Hearthstone accomplishment imo. But it's a great game just to sit down and play 10-30 minutes a day, and it doesn't take a huge commitment or investment at all.

Yeah I spent the $20 and used my stored 2500 gold to buy packs, got 2 legendaries and filled in a lot of epic/rare holes.

Speaking of MTG: I haven't played since 2001 but recently inventoried my cards - I still have ~1,000 cards from 1994-2001. Anyone play and have any interest in them?

I play a little. I built a new elf deck a few months ago after not touching my cards for 8-10 years, and I torched my buddy in a few games with it. I'd like to test it in some tournaments or something, but honestly the competitive MTG scene is a bit much. There's so many restrictions on decks (legacy vs modern vs vintage, etc) that I don't really even know what my deck would be eligible for.

'94-01 had some pretty legit series, though (the Urza's block is fucking nuts). I think my cards are mostly from '01-04 or so.

Anyway, tl;dr, yeah I play MTG sometimes, I'm lame, shut up

If you have an Xbox One, I've got a Destiny Beta code for you...

RM29H-WH2M2-H2PMR-6P7TF-CCX3Z

I only had time to play the first 30 minutes this morning, but it is very impressive.

If there are any other Xbone owners that want in on the beta, I have two extra codes. I would agree with Diesel that it's well done, reminds me of a Halo campaign except you combine with random online players during missions. Sort of weird at first how they just pop in but it fits in the story and I've grown to like it.

If there are any other Xbone owners that want in on the beta, I have two extra codes. I would agree with Diesel that it's well done, reminds me of a Halo campaign except you combine with random online players during missions. Sort of weird at first how they just pop in but it fits in the story and I've grown to like it.

I'd take one, please.

Back