• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Basketball Preseason Discussion

It seems like McClinton might be a really good fit for the fast break offense that Manning plans to run. As shown by the quote from Manning about McClinton, Manning keeps talking about how ridiculously athletic McClinton is. If he can get some easy baskets for this team, it'll really help take the pressure off of an unproven half court offense.

I feel like I have been waiting to see McClinton suit up for five years. Should be exciting.

Maybe he went from beach ball to merely fat. :)

As Chuck says, "Round is a shape."

I didn't say that.

I did see that Chuck at America's Tacos in Scottsdale about a week ago. Good to know he appreciates low priced carne asada. America's is good grub.

As of now, Tyler was right. Maybe Devin will get to play in the NIT his senior year. At least he has a chance to with Manning. Devin didn't realize that when he was spouting off and defending Buzz.

Tyler QUIT on his team in June - he may end up being right but to me Tyler will always be remembered as a quitter - like the little spoiled kid who stopped getting his way and took his toys, went home and cried to mommy.

i'll take my chances without him and not lose any sleep over it.

I won't remember Cavanaugh.

Tyler QUIT on his team in June - he may end up being right but to me Tyler will always be remembered as a quitter - like the little spoiled kid who stopped getting his way and took his toys, went home and cried to mommy.

i'll take my chances without him and not lose any sleep over it.

Do you feel that way about every player that transfers teams?

It's not all that awful that Cav left, except that he waited till June or July to make the decision, leaving the staff and the team with an unexpected gap in the starting lineup, way past the recruiting period. At least Moto, made his decision pretty quickly when he bailed. Whatever though, I bet Dino's and Darius will be better players for us than Cav was.

The poor bastard played for [Redacted] for 2 years, I think we can give him a pass on his subsequent basketball-related behavior. He likely has some form of PTSD.

This was sort of covered on the recruiting thread, but what are everyone's predictions on a starting 5 this year?

I've got:

Wilbekin
CMM
McClinton
Thomas
Leonard

I like this. I would also be interested in seeing this combo on the court:

PG- CMM (6'3")
SG/SF- Greg McClinton (6'7")
SG/SF- Cornelius Hudson (6'6")
PF/C- Darius Leonard (6'9")
C/PF- Devin Thomas (6'9")

I agree with that. Wilbekin seems like a combo from the bench. Also that lineup supports going with Wilbekin, Rountree, and Glue or Andre off the bench in a tight 8 man rotation.

I don't have great expectations this year. However, I do expect to see a visible change in focus and execution. I think that we should be able to be above 500 and post-season (NIT) should be the goal - if we miss, the season did not live up to potential.

I think postseason play is a goal, but I don't think it's a bad season if we don't quite reach that.

If Danny makes us a contender for the postseason added to his first recruiting class, he has to get an A for Year One. It will be very difficult for us to match last year's win total due to how much stronger the ACC is this season.

We have players playing for a coach that they actually believe in and buy into -- we will equal last year's win totals as a bare minimum as a result.

I disagree dv7. The super 7 believed in Buzz. It was them against the world. Dumb kids.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Not dumb kids. Good kids who came to wake to try to save the program. Didn't work out but five are still here and I hope they get to succeed under Danny Manning.

Back