• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

From WS Journal in May….if they are physically able Wake needs to make it happen $$$$ wise…one guy still living is Billy Ray Barnes who was also a football star and played/was Pro Bowler in NFL for maybe 10 years with Redskins , Eagles, etc.. Pretty sure he opened the gate at a football game a few years back…

Wake 1955 team
This is a great article. Thanks for sharing.

Some of the most embarrassing “fielding” I’ve ever seen at any level from Stanford just now…..4 guys and nobody calls it

Geez.

With all these crap teams we're seeing tonight it's likely going to be Wake men against little boys in Omaha.

9th pitcher of the night gets the strikeout. Oregon down 6.

I didn't realize Gene Hooks was still alive. Good for him. Glad he was able to make it to the game.
Crazy thing about that is as my son and I were leaving today, I saw them wheel him down the hill beside the ballpark (I'm assuming it was him). Had no idea who that was.

Some of the most embarrassing “fielding” I’ve ever seen at any level from Stanford just now…..4 guys and nobody calls it
Reminds me of the 4 kids playing pitcher for my 4 year old’s tball team. Just dogpile every ball.

I like this one: :)

The Deacs are primed for another big jump in 2023, returning the bulk of the starting lineup while adding some key players in the transfer portal. Wake Forest is likely to begin the year ranked in the top-10 nationally as one of the teams with an excellent shot of extending their season all the way to a run at the College World Series in Omaha.
Ha. That was from a Deacon Sports Xtra that I wrote.

Squeeze play doing the sec dance calling lsu “the most famous team” and Florida “the most talented team” while calling Wake the best team.

It’ll be a different world when Wake has to play an SEC team for the first time in Omaha.

Crazy to think we could see Lowder 2 to 3 more times. What an absolute blast of a season. Hoping to get to Omaha for a game or 2 if I can finagle my work schedule.

From WS Journal in May….if they are physically able Wake needs to make it happen $$$$ wise…one guy still living is Billy Ray Barnes who was also a football star and played/was Pro Bowler in NFL for maybe 10 years with Redskins , Eagles, etc.. Pretty sure he opened the gate at a football game a few years back…

Wake 1955 team

I hope someone is filming interviews with these guys for a 30 for 30 style documentary for the ACC Network.

So, the elephants' second best sec pitching staff ERA are damn lucky that Wake isn't in their conference.... would have dropped them to DFL after this weekend.

Back