• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Didn't realize our foul lines were that close. Were they that close even when it was a minor league park? The rest of the dimensions are pretty normal.

Usually a short foul line will have a bigger wall to compensate, Fenway being an extreme example. Fenway also has the shortest right field line in MLB, but it is so absurdly angled that you rarely see one that wouldn't go out in another ballpark. I think I remember Rich Gedman hitting a cheap HR down the RFL circa 1986.

This is the first one that came to mind for me! Though this may have been out with the pole further back.

It's the Pesky Pole in right in Fenway, named for Johnny Pesky, though I think someone went back and did some research and determined he didn't actually sneak that many around it.

I feel like a significant portion of coaching this team this season is literally reminding the players that they are really good.

If you get into a bash fest with us you have no chance because our pitchers are just too good not to figure it out or if not, they will bring in another top flight pitcher.

Our section had some fun interactions with the bullpen over the weekend. I think my favorite was in the 9th yesterday when Alabama had essentially put in every reliever they had. @BacktoBack asked if they had anyone left to put in, and one guy with his arm in a cast raised his hand. B2B responded, you don't count, you're crippled. We and the player got a nice chuckle out of that one.
the guy saturday who was yelling COME ON 23, IT's TIME FOR YOU TO GET YOUR WHIPPIN! was cracking me up.

the guy saturday who was yelling COME ON 23, IT's TIME FOR YOU TO GET YOUR WHIPPIN! was cracking me up.
I'm in a meeting right now with a friend at work; she is typing up an email while I'm reading the boards. I definitely laughed out loud when I read this; she was wondering why I was randomly laughing...because I'm sneaking reading on the boards while she writes something up.

Back