• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wallace Wade is just painful to watch...

I can't see this. The place is a dump.

Franklin Field has history. The Yale Bowl has history.

Wallace Wade is a sad excuse for a football facility.
If the only Rose Bowl ever to be played away from Pasadena happened in Milan Puskar Stadium, I promise you that you would never shut up about it.

If the only Rose Bowl ever to be played away from Pasadena happened in Milan Puskar Stadium, I promise you that you would never shut up about it.

That's Mountaineer Field if you've ever stepped foot in the place.

Like saying "The Tottenham Hotspurs"...

And I wouldn't give a shit less.

Last edited:
That's Mountaineer Field if you've ever stepped foot in the place.

Like saying "The Tottenham Hotspurs"...

And I wouldn't give a shit less.
I know what it is. I just love watching WV fans freak out when I call it that.

Duke really shouldn't be allowed to play ACC football in that facility. Just awful. They clearly don't give a shit.

They make Miami basketball look like a sincere attempt at competition.

Just got back from the game. It's a complete shit hole. Their fans don't care and the facilities are absolutely awful.

I normally make the hour ride over to Durham for this game. I like how you really can basically have a row of seats to yourself.

Just got back from the game. It's a complete shit hole. Their fans don't care and the facilities are absolutely awful.

Well put, almost literally. It really does look like a hole in the ground. I remember my first trip to a Duke game and I go to park and walk to Cameron and am like "oh look, I guess that's Wallace Wade down there".

+1

Their walmart fans (the few that were there) were getting a little annoying once they took the lead - in all, a terrible place to watch a game.

We walked by numerous students on the way back to our car who had no idea there was a football game today.

+1

Their walmart fans (the few that were there) were getting a little annoying once they took the lead - in all, a terrible place to watch a game.

We walked by numerous students on the way back to our car who had no idea there was a football game today.

Were they too blazed to know it was Saturday?

Agreed; but I still like watching football there. Its kinda like my affection for old baseball diamonds, like War-Memorial w/ the Bats back in the day... There's something nice about all of the bells and whistles missing (although I'd be singing a different tune if I was a season-ticket holder there).

Does anyone have any idea of the attendance? Also, how was our representation compared to Duke's?

Does anyone have any idea of the attendance? Also, how was our representation compared to Duke's?

I was not there, so maybe someone can provide a better answer... but from the pan-overs in the second half; it looked like WF filled 2 sections pretty well & had a few heads scattered throughout.

32 sections total. It looked about 3/5 full between the endzones (~10-12 sections) and maybe 1/4 full in the horseshoe.

Just using those as estimate points (feel free to dispute); it would put the real attendance # around 16,000. I'd blindly guess that they'd report tickets sold 25% above that.

I'd say 4k (25%) of those were in the old gold & black.

I think there were probably around 15k people there and yeah I'd say roughly 20-25% were Wake fans.

Seriously, doesn't the league have some basic requirements concerning the condition and upkeep of member facilities? If so, those requirements must be very low or perhaps Duke is paying a huge fine each season for the absence of a suitable stadium for major college football.

Back