• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wallace Wade is just painful to watch...

I haven't been to a game at Wallace-Wade since the 90's.

Do visiting teams still dress in an outhouse and march to the field like Pop Warner teams?

Do visiting teams still dress in an outhouse and march to the field like Pop Warner teams?

Last I checked, yes. Supposedly, they're going to fix that.

Last I checked, yes. Supposedly, they're going to fix that.

LOL. Wow. I just have this humorous vision of our players drinking Gatorade from the trunk of Grobe's car and lying in the grass at half-time like we did during away games when I played Pop Warner.

We enjoyed the stadium today. It's a historic stadium; it's on campus; the people were nice; the food vendors were varied and plentiful. Yes, there is some work they need to do, but all in all, it is a good place to watch a game. We enjoy going there. We remember well our days at Bowman Gray Stadium and before all the improvements at BB and T.

Still the same routine. They've put in some shrubs/bushes in front of their videoboard to sort of mask the area back there.

Just got back from the game. It's a complete shit hole. Their fans don't care and the facilities are absolutely awful.

Do they still have the 2 inch deep piss troughs in the johns? Don't wear nice shoes or flops at that shitbox

We enjoyed the stadium today. It's a historic stadium;

There are plenty of old stadiums that haven't been allowed to become obsolete pieces of trash.

Like Grant Field and Nippert Stadium, among non-powerhouse programs' home fields.

Do they still have the 2 inch deep piss troughs in the johns? Don't wear nice shoes or flops at that shitbox

Oh Christ, seriously? I've never been there as a paying customer. Didn't know that.

I've seen that at bad high school stadiums and late model stock car tracks.

Oh Christ, seriously? I've never been there as a paying customer. Didn't know that.

They modeled the johns after north wilkesboro motor speedway....

They have a track around their field...spend the money from the big screen on correcting that issue if you are serious.

And Ziggy's circa 1995.

Within the last few years I thought a read about plans for a pretty comprehensive reno of Wallace Wade. Are those plans under way or did they fall through for some reason?

I agree that Wallace Wade is pretty bad, but it wasn't so long ago that Groves was considered a dump by many visiting fans....

I don't really get why Duke can't turn the corner. They are bound to have access to money. I would think given the school's reputation that with the right coach in place, they could be a very good program.

Within the last few years I thought a read about plans for a pretty comprehensive reno of Wallace Wade. Are those plans under way or did they fall through for some reason?

I agree that Wallace Wade is pretty bad, but it wasn't so long ago that Groves was considered a dump by many visiting fans....

I don't really get why Duke can't turn the corner. They are bound to have access to money. I would think given the school's reputation that with the right coach in place, they could be a very good program.

They have made more progress under Cutcliffe than the previous 10 years, but it has been an issue with investing athletic department resources. Until recently, Coach K didn't like to share and play nice with others.

Back