• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What day does Bzz get fired?

Anybody think he will "resign" so that Wellman can thank him and say that he came in and did everything Ronnie asked him to do and cleaned up the program?

Absolutely what will happen.

That is what I've heard before but the recent disasters have altered things slightly.

The "leaving by mutual consent" both allows them to BS praise [Redacted] and also allows it to look like Wellman is laying down the law in not accepting these horrendous performances.

I believe the "mutual consent" line is the new narrative that they will use after the ACCT's conclusion.

He's going to fuck Ron in the ass one last time, make him lick the shit off of his dick, and then leave Wake Forest forever on the Thursday of the ACC tournament.

I'm pretty confident that Bz will resign almost immediately following our ACC Tournament exit. When Wellman chooses to release that info is a different story. I can see him waiting to announce Bz's resignation until the Monday following Selection Sunday so as not to detract from ACC Tournament and also so that he doesn't appear to be distracted from his position as chairman of the selection committee.

I wonder what Buzz's final talk to the players will be before he leaves town.

"Welp, see you later, guys. Good knowing you."

Anybody think he will "resign" so that Wellman can thank him and say that he came in and did everything Ronnie asked him to do and cleaned up the program?

100% certain it will be a resignation full of Wellman's effusive praise for the positive culture and foundation, to the collective groans and eye rolls of every fan with a brain cell.

BTW...

Lots of whispers about this guy:

940x.jpg

BTW...

Lots of whispers about this guy:

940x.jpg

Well at least he recruits big men. Has a 7'6" player and 2 other 6'10" guys, 3rd in nation in effective height. His team is a lot better on defense than offense.

If we struck out on 1-4, this wouldn't be awful. Could probably get behind it, at least he was a part of successful Wake and Stanford teams.

We really should be celebrating. The time between now and the inevitable soul crushing hire is as exciting as wake basketball has been in years.

Well at least he recruits big men. Has a 7'6" player and 2 other 6'10" guys, 3rd in nation in effective height. His team is a lot better on defense than offense.

If we struck out on 1-4, this wouldn't be awful. Could probably get behind it, at least he was a part of successful Wake and Stanford teams.

I'd rather strangle myself with my dick.

Turner is another cop out by Ron. Somebody he can control instead of getting us a great coach who merits the position.

The "leaving by mutual consent" both allows them to BS praise [Redacted] and also allows it to look like Wellman is laying down the law in not accepting these horrendous performances.

I believe the "mutual consent" line is the new narrative that they will use after the ACCT's conclusion.

I don't know ... "mutual consent" would sort of sound like a partial ackowledgment that Ron was wrong about Bz being the greatest thing ever. I don't think we'll get that from the Premier. I think the story for the public will be that Bz resigned over Ron's objections.

My prediction: Bzz "retires" at 10:00 am the Monday after the NCAA tournament is set. With Wellman chairing the selection committee, it won't happen before Monday.

Last edited:
Back