• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why firing [Redacted] after Carolina makes sense for Wellman

If Ron and the BoT are worried about how firing a coach mid-season looks they can just say they wanted to give Battle an opportunity to win the job. They think its a good chance to see what they have with him before they move forward with a full coaching search. We all know that Battle being the replacement is extremely unlikely, but it is good PR nonetheless.

It screws over Battle and that's not going to happen.

If Ron and the BoT are worried about how firing a coach mid-season looks they can just say they wanted to give Battle an opportunity to win the job. They think its a good chance to see what they have with him before they move forward with a full coaching search. We all know that Battle being the replacement is extremely unlikely, but it is good PR nonetheless.

How on God's earth could anything look worse than continuing to employ Jeff [Redacted] as our coach? I simply cannot fathom that line of thinking. The fucker is 2-31 on the road and people are worried that firing him in-season would look bad? 2-31 doesn't look fucking bad?

How on God's earth could anything look worse than continuing to employ Jeff [Redacted] as our coach? I simply cannot fathom that line of thinking. The fucker is 2-31 on the road and people are worried that firing him in-season would look bad? 2-31 doesn't look fucking bad?

Lol I could give a flying fuck with how it looks. Unfortunately, it's not how I would perceive it that matters.

How does it screw over Battle?

#wellmanout

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

If Battle doesn't want to coach out the season, let Rusty or Chill do it. ANYBODY but bzz. We are going to lose with Bzz on the bench. Period. So, why keep him? I'm sick to death of seeing him on the sideline (in his navy and gray.)

If Battle doesn't want to coach out the season, let Rusty or Chill do it. ANYBODY but bzz. We are going to lose with Bzz on the bench. Period. So, why keep him? I'm sick to death of seeing him on the sideline (in his navy and gray.)

I think so too, but I think Rons relationship with Bz has him thinking that Bz may scratch his back and resign. As much as I want to see Bz getting fired, it's better for us if he is the one that walks away.

How does it screw over Battle?

Because you put him in charge of and saddle him with something destined to be a shit show. There's no way it helps him, it can only hurt him and it's throws a lot of shit and responsibility his way that he doesn't deserve to have to deal with.

Because you put him in charge of and saddle him with something destined to be a shit show. There's no way it helps him, it can only hurt him and it's throws a lot of shit and responsibility his way that he doesn't deserve to have to deal with.

It's called Gaudetting someone.

3228c2fc4c0aa7d348c4c8bd6fd40eb4062fe10748aff1971dac7a47135875bc.jpg

Inside information would prove that this equation isn't always necessarily correct.

I know for an absolute fact that the WF job diminished from a 'consideration' to 'nothing' for at least one other 'in-demand' coach after R.W.'s handling of things after Bz season #2.

Word spreads. Enfield knew what kind of dumpster fire he'd be jumping into at that point, I'd bet anything on it.

RW is going to have a tough time selling the program to anybody who is going to be answering to him after the hire. That's what makes this thing such an absolute disaster, and it's why he needs to be sent packing along with Bz.

Anybody remember this post from mid-February?

Seems quite prescient now.

Back