• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Why firing [Redacted] after Carolina makes sense for Wellman

[Redacted] is not coming back next year and it's neither his nor Wellman's decision at this point.

The buck does not stop with Wellman. Although he is given lots of autonomy to run athletics he does have people who he must eventually answer to. Given his ego and board status as the Premiere people tend to forget that.

The [Redacted] Error has begun to cost WFU big time financially. This has become increasingly evident to important people over the course of the last 6 months. Unlike last year it's no longer soley Ron's decision to retain him.

[Redacted] may be allowed to "resign" if that's what's it's officially called as a face saving favor in future endeavors, but make no mistake about it, it's neither [Redacted]'s nor Wellman's decision now. He is done at Wake.

Haha, reading comprehension FTW.

You said:

"I know for an absolute fact that the WF job diminished from a 'consideration' to 'nothing' for at least one other 'in-demand' coach after R.W.'s handling of things after Bz season #2.

Word spreads. Enfield knew what kind of dumpster fire he'd be jumping into at that point, I'd bet anything on it. "

[Redacted]'s Season #2 was Enfield's Season #1 at FGC.

At that point, Enfield was a nobody. Had he been offered our job, he would have taken it.

Last year he would have taken Wake over USC. The only way he wouldn't have is if he was waiting for Leonard Hamilton to retire.

It's not my reading. It's your writing.

Last edited:
You said:

"I know for an absolute fact that the WF job diminished from a 'consideration' to 'nothing' for at least one other 'in-demand' coach after R.W.'s handling of things after Bz season #2.

Word spreads. Enfield knew what kind of dumpster fire he'd be jumping into at that point, I'd bet anything on it. "

[Redacted]'s Season #2 was Enfield's Season #1 at FGC.

At that point, Enfield was a nobody.

It's not my reading. It's your writing.

Those are two separate thoughts. The 1st sentence is about is about some inside information he has about a coach in season 2.

His 2nd sentence is responding to my post that Enfield would have been very interested in the wake job last year, after season 3.

It's your reading.

Last edited:
Those are two separate throughts. The 1st sentence is about is about some inside information he has about a coach in season 2.

His 2nd sentence is responding to my post that Enfield would have been very interested in the wake job last year, after season 3.

It's your reading.

Paragraphs are confusing!

Unless the coach VT is talking about is Shaka or Marshall, then I doubt if it much matters that particular candidate lost interest in the Wake job.

Unless the coach VT is talking about is Shaka or Marshall, then I doubt if it much matters that particular candidate lost interest in the Wake job.

I can't shaka the feeling that it's one of those two.

I don't see much point in guessing. Either he says who it is or it's irrelevant.

Seriously, how would VT know whether Shaka is interested in our job or not?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shaka ain't coming here and we're not paying over $2-3mil a year for a new coach like some of you dreamers think we are.

Wellman fired Grobe, he'll fire [Redacted].
Wellman kept Caldwell for eight years. Caldwell had one winning season in those eight years. I hope and pray that [Redacted] is gone after this year but I don't think it's a sure bet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shaka ain't coming here and we're not paying over $2-3mil a year for a new coach like some of you dreamers think we are.

What we can pay our top target and what we will pay the guy that accepts job aren't necessarily the same thing.

Those are two separate thoughts. The 1st sentence is about is about some inside information he has about a coach in season 2.

It's your reading.

Unsmart

It doesn't do us any good to fire Coach [Redacted] before the end of the season. He'll get canned after the tourney loss. I know we all want it to happen as soon as possible, but there is no benefit to doing it now.

I've not followed our Facebook page that closely. That hasn't happened for the other losses?

Yeah. People have been talking about deleted posts for at least a year or two.

Well that's sort of a problem. We gladly accept big time ACC money but won't spend it on a big time coach. College basketball is 98% about having the right coach. Bz is a goddamned joke. Gonna be expensive to fix this shirt pile.

He's probably Smart to keep his mouth shut, but you could always search his old posts to see why he had to withdraw from keeping FireBz.com up to date.

Shaka tells his photoshoppers EVERYTHING

Back