• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Self gets Culture Lesson from Ron Wellman

IrishSlim

The Sultan of Swashbuckle
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...jayhawks-reprimanded-ncaa-tournament-outburst

Ron Wellman, the chairman of the Division I men's basketball committee, said in a statement that "Coach Self's actions were out of line with the committee's expectations that championship participants act in a manner that represents the highest standards of sportsmanship."

We are so damn lame now. We can't get to the NCAA Tournament anymore, but we sure as heck uphold decorum standards, by golly!

Damn, beat me to it Irish.

Kansas will now beat us by 40 in the Bahamas.

If he had simply told someone "Fuck you, buddy!" he wouldn't have gotten fined.

For hitting a scorer's table? Make him pay for the replacement table and move on. WTF

We can't be expected to compete against such cultural ingrates, though

Self struck the table at the Sprint Center on March 24 during a round of 32 win over North Carolina.

Wellman is so far removed from the idea of beating UNC he is just a clueless assclown.

I guess it's a good thing Self never committed financial fraud and stock price manipulation- he might have ended up being hired by Wellman. That is some serious fucking punishment.

Last edited:
For damaging the scorer's table? Give me a fucking break. Jesus, how much should we fine Buzz for damaging Wake's basketball record.

Odd he did that in a game against Roy Boy too, since he always beats him. Would've thought that would've been relatively stress free for him

as i recall kansas was down big in the first half and came back to destroy unc in the second half.

Self's gonna get the waiter to spit in Wellman's food down in Atlantis

dm_120403_ncb_bill_self_zpsfd92729d.jpg

Back