• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Even if we're able to get the Martin twins, that would give us 5 small forwards in 2014-2015 - Rountree, Moto, McClinton, and the twins.

Also, if we decide to go with a 3-man 2013 recruiting class, that leaves only one scholarship for 2014, barring transfers. Additionally, Mitchell seems to be the top priority.

Even if we're able to get the Martin twins, that would give us 5 small forwards in 2014-2015 - Rountree, Moto, McClinton, and the twins.

Also, if we decide to go with a 3-man 2013 recruiting class, that leaves only one scholarship for 2014, barring transfers. Additionally, Mitchell seems to be the top priority.

After this year, I think the staff should recruit like there are at least two scholarships for 2014.

Agreed but unfortunately the time frame for a recruit usually does not reconcile with the opening of a scholarship.

But, if we know the odds of having all seven 2012'ers stick around is next to nothing, then is it a problem as long as Bzz doesn't repeat his TC mistake and name an incoming freshman a starter in front of the incumbent?

Honest question.

But, if we know the odds of having all seven 2012'ers stick around is next to nothing, then is it a problem as long as Bzz doesn't repeat his TC mistake and name an incoming freshman a starter in front of the incumbent?

Honest question.

Just saying that you need to be disciplined to hold the scholarship for a year so you can offer a 2014 guy when someone from 2012 is one and done (not in the good way). Bzz is on the hotseat and will sacrifice future success to keep his job in my opinion.

We've also offered, and are quite high on BJ Gladden. There is some confusion about his eligibility/reclassification. As of now his plan is to graduate in 2013 and prep for a year (for basketball not grades). Thus he'd be another 2014 recruit. Doesn't hurt that he's best friends with Shelton either. I have it on record from a very knowledgeable source that he is going to "blow up this summer". We shall see.

He looked good at the CC. Glad to hear that we are back on him. I interviewed him and he said that we were on him early but really laid off of him recently. I am a little concerned about his "tweener" status, but I guess we'll see if he blows up.

Miles Overton is visiting Saturday

IMO, in a theoretical situation where he wanted to commit we should hold him off as long as we thought possible. One would think that Reed and Kam Williams would be better gets.

Sounds like he's really leaning towards Harvard. He seems to take the relationship with the coach pretty seriously... Guess Bzz isn't rubbing him too well.

It'd be great to have him and Greg together though.

Tommy Ammaker should send Jeremy Lin 10% of his check.

Tommy Ammaker should send Jeremy Lin 10% of his check.

You could say the same about Keith Wright and Kyle Casey. Those guys have been gold for Amaker. Harvard is good and Lin had absolutely nothing to do with last year.

Plus Harvard made the NCAA tournament after being ranked in the top-25 for a lot of the season AND they beat FSU on national television. Can [Redacted] tell a recruit any of that?

"Guess Bzz isn't rubbing him too well"

Come on Coach... up and down very quickly with the occasional squeeze. That's recruiting 101.

You could say the same about Keith Wright and Kyle Casey. Those guys have been gold for Amaker. Harvard is good and Lin had absolutely nothing to do with last year.

Plus Harvard made the NCAA tournament after being ranked in the top-25 for a lot of the season AND they beat FSU on national television. Can [Redacted] tell a recruit any of that?

Where did I say anything about [Redacted] in the post you quoted of mine?

Where did I say anything about [Redacted]?

You wrote that Amaker should send Lin 10% of his paycheck. I was pointing out that Amaker has done most of the winning and marquee stuff (you know, that actually gets elite recruits' attention) without Lin. That's what recruits see. I can imagine that most didn't see Lin in a Harvard uni, seeing as the only person who hyped the kid as an NBA caliber talent was Givony at Draft Express.

Linsanity started after Harvard was already in the Top 25.

Really hope we can play it right with Reed, Williams, and Overton. Would hate to see an early Overton commitment rule out our chances with Reed or Williams.

Back