• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I'm as the the theater now for 8:30 showing. Surprisingly empty.

Also, Skye's line about Raina's power being the ability to spin fast and collect gold rings was priceless the other night.

Raina is very dangerous. She's a follower with enough power that she doesn't have to follow anymore.

AoU was great. Definitely some cool twists (and things that didnt happen) and eggs

Last edited:
Saw it and enjoyed it as much as the first...It was darker but very well done...

Agreed. I'm curious to see the criticisms. I think there was much more story to tell and would have liked to see the rumored hour of additional content over two films.

My wife thought it was good but preferred the first one. This one didn't even pretend it didn't require more backstory.

The twists were excellent.

OK I finished Daredevil. I am not a fanboy of all this comic book shit, but it really was well done. The good acting went a long way to make it feel more real and less superheroey. Pvt Pyle was particularly awesome as Fisk. Great action, great acting, and some surprisingly great dialogue at times (particularly between Murdoch and his priest). Definitely looking forward to season 2 whenever it appears.

hot damn! Two meetings canceled and an open seat at the Alamo Draft house for 235 show. Shhh don't tell my boss...

After watching several episodes of Daredevil it's hard for me to get back into The Flash. Daredevil is just so much better and involves less cognitive dissonance (other than the super tough assassin guy who gave up Wilson Fisk's name just because DD poked him with a knife a little bit, then immediately committed suicide by driving a spike through his own eye because he was afraid of Fisk).

Except for the part where a guy who is supposedly blind and doesn't have any special powers beyond his training can somehow beat up people who have full sight

He does have special powers. He's a superhero with special powers.

yeah, he's a powered dude. he's had special training to enhance/master the power but his extrasensory abilities are not natural. he's not Batman.

One criticism I've seen is that they didn't do enough to show off his "radar sense" or whatever. I disagree. I'd rather him simply tell Claire that he can smell a dude's cologne from two floors away than some goofy CGI. And later in the show, you simply know that he has heightened senses. I like that they show him using the power, not showing the power itself.

oh, just so we all know. is there a mid or post-credit thing?

eta: i think they handled his abilities perfectly. the tone of the show is not as comic-book corny as something like AOS. everything is handled with such a deft touch on that show; pretty amazing, really.

There's a mid-credits scene. I left after that. I haven't seen anything to indicate there was an after-credits scene. The fake Spiderman scene would have been great.

Except for the part where a guy who is supposedly blind and doesn't have any special powers beyond his training can somehow beat up people who have full sight

I mean obviously to enjoy superhero media you have to suspend your disbelief in superheroes. What separates a good superhero story from cornball stuff is whether the world and characters around the superhero behaves in a believable way. In Daredevil, so far the answer is mostly "yes". In Arrow and The Flash, the answer is too often "notsomuch".

Saw Avengers 2 this afternoon. As others have mentioned, definitely darker but still some funny quips here and there. Smooth introduction and incorporation of new characters.

Just walked out. I really enjoyed it. We'll done. Agree it was darker than the first but still plenty of humor and fun.

Joss Whedon said a few weeks ago that there was a mid credit scene but no post credit One. Said he announced it so people did not sit around waiting and get pissed.

Which I thought was weird because otherwise we don't see the names of all the people he worked with making this movie.

Feel free to discuss spoilers on the "The Avengers" thread.

yeah, he's a powered dude. he's had special training to enhance/master the power but his extrasensory abilities are not natural. he's not Batman.

Well granted I'm only through episode 8, but there's no explanation of that at all. All they show is that he was blinded and then received training from Stick. But there's not really any suggestion that his abilities stem from anything beyond his training.

Back