• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Disney did a study in the late 90's that said if they made a movie, even a terrible one, about their theme park attractions it would significantly boost flagging attendence at those attractions. They decided to test that strategy with three movies: The Country Bears, The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean. The level of success of Pirates of the Carribean was unexpected. Tomorrow Land is following that same strategy.

lol pretty funny considering the new Jurrasic Park trailer

Yet Song of South remains forever locked away.

Still blows my mind they made a popular attraction based on a movie they barely acknowledge exists.

Took my daughter to see it on Saturday. Enjoyed it! Lots went over my head because I have not seen all the movies, just bits and pieces of most.

Kind of disappointed (and puzzled) there were zero reference to anything from AOS consider the show made it seem like Coulson was orchestrating the assaults on HYDRA bases

Kind of disappointed (and puzzled) there were zero reference to anything from AOS consider the show made it seem like Coulson was orchestrating the assaults on HYDRA bases

Supposedly Whedon wasn't happy they brought Coulson back to life for TV, and so he refuses to acknowledge that Coulson is alive in the movies. Maybe now that Whedon is done Phil will finally get a shout out in the next batch of movies.

It does make the "REAL" SHIELD look like a bunch of jackasses, though. "Oh, you're the real SHIELD, huh? Okay, that's cool. Excuse me a moment, I have to send THE FREAKING AVENGERS to go take down a HYDRA base...so, what were you saying? Oh, right...the REAL SHIELD. Go on..."

i mean, i know AOS isn't the best show but the arc was starting to get interesting especially w/ the introduction of Powered humans. just seemed dumb to ignore it.

Marvel's Age of Ultron (spoilers)

What was with the deadline to get the scepter?

i mean, i know AOS isn't the best show but the arc was starting to get interesting especially w/ the introduction of Powered humans. just seemed dumb to ignore it.

Especially the way Marvel promoted AOS with the #itsallconnected hashtag. It's all connected, but the movies ignore this completely while the show plays it up.

What was with the deadline to get the scepter?

the three days Stark kept it to return it to Asgard or was there another deadline just to recover it from HYDRA? maybe it was a deadline to let Earth deal with it before Asgard sent an army or something.

it definitely seems like lots of exposition was cut from the movie

Last edited:
Speaking of which, why can't we have 3 1/2 hour movies? Is it because you couldn't have as many showings? Will people just not go?

Speaking of which, why can't we have 3 1/2 hour movies? Is it because you couldn't have as many showings? Will people just not go?
I'd imagine it was primarily the former as studios want to maximize their profits and some of the latter in that non-hardcore fans could be turned off. But all of the Lord of the Rings movies were pretty long but still successful in the mainstream.

I was glad that it was 2.5 hours in an era of 90 minute movies but the movie was compelling enough that I'd have taken the full 3.5 hours.

Marvel's Age of Ultron (spoilers)

It is weird that we pay the same price no matter the length or quality of the film. Planet Money did a good podcast about this.

Meanwhile, some people paid $99 for a shorter fight and some got to watch a great Game 7 for a prorated cable bill.

Can you imagine? If they were to just straight up murder Jar Jar on screen, it would rival Joffrey's death for eliciting audience cheer.

ETA: The chrome trooper is indeed Brienne.

Last edited:
Ah, 'cause May the 4th.

Back