• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

our last great hope

One more last, last great hope. Like a sucker I have cockeyed optimism that if they get rid of everyone that sucks from the current cast (all of them but 7 and maybe Rios) and go all in on the old school crew, maybe it'll be good. Maybe?

One more last, last great hope. Like a sucker I have cockeyed optimism that if they get rid of everyone that sucks from the current cast (all of them but 7 and maybe Rios) and go all in on the old school crew, maybe it'll be good. Maybe?

are they firing all the writers and Kurtzman, too?

That is THE key question. The answer is no, Kurtzman got some Danny Manning like contract last year.

I actually like Rios. I'd probably watch a Capt Rios/Stargazer show if it dumped all the others

I enjoyed Morbius thought Leto was perfect for the role. I think Marvel fanboys are going to like it a lot more than the casual viewer as my girl fell asleep and I enjoyed it. MoonKnight I loved I am reading it is getting tons of great reviews but also ratings bombed by Turkish on IMDB for mentioning the Armenian Genocide they claim didn't happen. Also MoonKnight is not going to be anywhere near as brutal on the show as he was in the comics, but I am still willing to bet it will be one of the best.

Last edited:
To me, Morbius is another anti-science or "cutting edge science is bad" movie. A super brilliant scientist attempting to find a cure for his own rare disease goes to human trials ahead of his research and then mayhem ensues.

Spider-Man and most of his villains are “cutting-age science is bad” villains.

Spider-Man and most of his villains are “cutting-age science is bad” villains.

Seems like a bad message to be sending when the vaccine against a pretty deadly virus is cutting edge science. Hollywood supporting the anti-vax movement.

CBM: Moon Knight (Disney+)/Morbius premieres Thurs

Only if the vaccine was derived from or based upon the properties of an animal.

Should I watch No Way Home before Moon Knight? i'm half through E1 but it feels like a multiverse thing

also, Picard S2 started bad but is actually getting kind of interesting. i

So far Moon Knight is only connected to the MCU through Easter Eggs.

I’m losing interest in the show. It seems like there is an interesting show there but they keep doing the less interesting things. Yesterday was ridiculous. It’s not about a man dealing with mental health struggles. What seems to be DID is a way to hide actual action and story to set up some big reveal later. “Some badass shit just went down but we’re not going to show you” is a bad way to do a superhero action show.

Maybe it's not a superhero action show. Haha seriously though marvel is really leaning into mixing up genres. Sometimes it works. I've not seen ep3 yet.

Maybe it's not a superhero action show. Haha seriously though marvel is really leaning into mixing up genres. Sometimes it works. I've not seen ep3 yet.

But it's not an adventure show yet and it's not a psychological drama either.

Oscar Isaac's British accent is very distracting. I never notice such things, but I can't help but notice it with him. He pretty much just tags "yeah?" or "brev" onto everything.
Between that and keeping the audience as confused as the main character, I'm not really enjoying it so far. At least the "villain" is intriguing.

Last edited:
Issac's British is supposed to be fake because it's essentially an alter ego. So I get that part. The show keeps us confused about basic points and shows us weird nonsense. So far it's the Iron Fist of the Disney+ shows.

Back