• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Last edited:
Girl, Interrupted
Requiem for a Dream
American Psycho
Fight Club

had a stretch where he played some interesting characters

Yeah a stretch right after My So-Called Life. He’s 50 and he played all those roles in his late 20s.

yeah im not arguing for him, just that some early strong work apparently buys you a lot of time in Hollywood

While we are talking about how bad Jared Leto is at acting, let’s also talk about how bad his rock band is, and also how they started a cult?

yeah im not arguing for him, just that some early strong work apparently buys you a lot of time in Hollywood

No doubt about that. Handsome dude. Still looks 35. May be a good dude. That gets you far.

I think part of the problem with this movie is that Morbius doesn't really need his own origin story, but I guess that's what you have to do if you're Sony since you're building Spiderman movies without Spiderman...

The list of comic book movies that I haven't seen since Iron Man 1 is short. It's Carnage, Wonder Woman 2, Birds of Prey, and now most likely Morbius. It's a shame because I remember Morbius being pretty cool in the cartoons growing up.

Some reviews:

Jared Leto Confounds in Vampire Superhero Film That Sucks More Than Just Blood

Jared Leto's vampire Marvel movie is a toothless bore

Morbius Review: Marvel Vampire Movie Is Lifeless

I liked Birds of Prey, fwiw. It's way better, imo, than everything DCEU that isn't The Suicide Squad.

I think part of the problem with this movie is that Morbius doesn't really need his own origin story, but I guess that's what you have to do if you're Sony since you're building Spiderman movies without Spiderman...

He’s a weird choice for a Spidey villain to anchor a film anyway especially the second non-Spidey series.

I thought the first episode of Moon Knight was a good start.

What I really liked (putting it in a spoiler tag as a courtesy to anyone that wants to know NOTHING before watching, but there are no plot points or anything spoilery actually within.)

No tie ins, no references to any other Marvel stuff, it just took place in its own little corner. OFC there will eventually be a tie-in , it's Marvel, but for one episode, I dug that

Clearly you haven’t read the Easter Eggs and speculation. One writer I saw was pretty sure that episode set up Doctor Doom.

Clearly you didn't read my message. I was talking about overt references like "remember the alien invasion?"

Yeah. I was your point as a way to mention far out theories despite your point being correct.

can somebody please spoil something for me, either here or PM?

did this flick set up Morbius to be in the Sinister Six? I know Kraven is getting a movie soon and Mysterio is dead, right? That'll be a strange lineup, but that's the good thing about adapting comics, I suppose.

can somebody please spoil something for me, either here or PM?

did this flick set up Morbius to be in the Sinister Six? I know Kraven is getting a movie soon and Mysterio is dead, right? That'll be a strange lineup, but that's the good thing about adapting comics, I suppose.

From what I've read and I'll never know firsthand because I'm not going to ever watch it. They do seem to be trying to set up some sort of Spidey verse just without any Spider-man (so far). The preview was basically full of deception, which is not atypical any more, with scenes and images that weren't in the movie.

I'll put this in a spoiler tag to somewhat adhere to protocols.
The part with Toomes seems to be very confusing as far as aligning with how the last Spider-Man ended. He's apparently crossed over into the Venom-verse, which is where this movie occurs, and is in prison for some reason. He says something about creating a group with like minded folks. This video goes into it and I like these guys so I'll direct some traffic to them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdhw9bjSpRQ&ab_channel=MrSundayMovies

Apologies to Ph for being over-aggro.

From what I've read and I'll never know firsthand because I'm not going to ever watch it. They do seem to be trying to set up some sort of Spidey verse just without any Spider-man (so far). The preview was basically full of deception, which is not atypical any more, with scenes and images that weren't in the movie.

I'll put this in a spoiler tag to somewhat adhere to protocols.
The part with Toomes seems to be very confusing as far as aligning with how the last Spider-Man ended. He's apparently crossed over into the Venom-verse, which is where this movie occurs, and is in prison for some reason. He says something about creating a group with like minded folks. This video goes into it and I like these guys so I'll direct some traffic to them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdhw9bjSpRQ&ab_channel=MrSundayMovies

Apologies to Ph for being over-aggro.

Thanks, DeacHead.

Isn't Toomes still in jail with Scorpion at the end of Homecoming?

I’ll be disappointed if Kraven isn’t good. That’s obviously something that should work.

Back