• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I’ll be disappointed if Kraven isn’t good. That’s obviously something that should work.

I mean Tom Hardy as Venom is perfect and the movies both have a few good beats, but they're ultimately just utter crap at the end of the day. It's kind of a bummer because you have to think that the MCU could do this a lot better than Sony can...

[Sony seems to be basically in the driver's seat with these in terms of creative control. Marvel has started to bridge that gap a bit, but I think they're basically separate products with some brand integration at the end. Sony can occasionally do a decent Marvel flick e.g., Into the Spider-Verse, but these villain flicks stink!]

Into the Spider-Verse was fantastic, but it would be hard to channel that brilliance into a movie about Morbius or Silver Sable or whoever.

Into the Spider-Verse was fantastic, but it would be hard to channel that brilliance into a movie about Morbius or Silver Sable or whoever.

It would require vision that Sony just doesn’t have.

I hope we see more of Miles in the MCU. Prowler in Homecoming already set it up before the Sony/Disney consolidation. With Ms. Marvel, he’s one of my favorite new school Marvel characters.

Between the Ms. Marvel trailer and St. Peter's two weeks ago was huge in Jersey City.

Haven’t seen this anywhere but let me know if you have.

I think Moon Knight episode 2 is going to cover the same timeframe as episode 1 but from the perspective of different personalities including Moon Knight.

Haven’t seen this anywhere but let me know if you have.

I think Moon Knight episode 2 is going to cover the same timeframe as episode 1 but from the perspective of different personalities including Moon Knight.

That would be awesome. I hope you’re right.

I loved the first episode, btw. You?

It was solid but it was missing what I hope will be in episode 2 which has why I thought it should have been a two episode premiere.

Speaking of, the back half of Young Justice season 4 premiered yesterday with 3 episodes.

nothing-to-see-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

Last edited:
I loved Episode 1. And while I agree a 2 episode premiere would have been cool, it's only going to be 6 episodes, so why condense it even further?

Oscar Isaac did some great physical acting when he was trying to give the scarab to Harrow. Like he literally made it seem like the thing was controlling his hand/arm/body independent of his head/voice.

I wonder who Harrow is really going to turn out to be. Because apparently he was only a random villain in one issue.

Hawkeye was six eps with a two ep premiere.

One of the people I follow believes the city in the Alps is Doomstadt, Latveria. She referenced a story where Moon Knight steals an artifact from Doctor Doom and the author of that story is mentioned in the Special Thanks in the credits. So by extension, Harlow could be a pre-Doom Doom.

I don’t buy it but I do buy during Doom into the Mephisto of this series.

If this is all hurtling towards Secret Wars, then we'll have plenty of Doom in the nearish future.

So did anyone see Morbius? I trust you guys more than metacritic/RT. If I can find even one person to say it is remotely good, I’d probably go see it.

CBM: Moon Knight (Disney+)/Morbius premieres Thurs

$39M domestic, $84 global opening for Morbius. Pretty good for a universally panned and mocked comic book film that’s been delayed for almost two years. It cost $75M.

That says almost as much about the stability of the genre as NWH making over a billion.

Last edited:
Finally caught up on Hawkeye and Loki over spring break with the kids. Hawkeye was top tier stuff. Best of the Marvel series' so far.

Loki started strong and I love Owen Wilson and Hiddleston, but it completely fell apart down the stretch and was legit first suicide squad bad. Worst of the series', by far, and potentially worst of all Marvel, imo. Total bummer.

Yeah, loki was more interesting to me than Hawkeye.

Hawkeye was a little more fun and I truly enjoy street-level superhero stuff so having a tight story was refreshing.

Wow....really surprised by that take.

I really loved Loki. Hawkeye was good too, but I thought it was on a level below Loki. With Falcon and the Winter Soldier below that.

I'm almost always the opposite of the consensus though, so take that for what it's worth.

I think if you polled fans about their favorite Disney+ MCU live action series, it would come out around 30-30-30-10 with the 10 being Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I was all in on Loki until it ended with a 40 minute gab sesh. Whatever the opposite of "stick the landing" is describes Loki for me. Still, I dug the prior episodes enough that I'm going to give a "thumbs up" to the series in total.

The latest Strange New Worlds trailer(s) has my nerd boner fully erect. I'm counting on that show to save the franchise.

HBO has a new series based on a DC comic I don't know - DMZ. I'm having trouble getting into it, at least after 1 episode. I'll give it one more but otherwise I'm getting the same vibes I got from Y: The Last Man. Those vibes being - booooring.

Back