• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

56 years ago this month, Peter, Paul and Mary sang this about civil rights and war at the March on Washington. It can easily be used towards gun violence and white nationalist terrorism.

So this Dayton shooter went to a place where there were cops and killed 9 people and injured 26 others until he was stopped by cops in less than a minute.

This was a week after the Gilroy shooter did something similar.

Can we please dispense with the myths that mass shooters target “gun free zones” and only good guys with guns can stop mass shooters? If all we can do is hope someone is a bad shot or that the cops can stop them before they hit a few more dozen, we barely have a civilized society.
bf982cc6214b2aea42a33936eb148b45.jpg

Sherrod Brown is speaking at a press conference and I had a moment of "wtf is Sherrod Brown at a press conference about a shooting in Texas?"

FFS, this is a nightmare.

So this Dayton shooter went to a place where there were cops and killed 9 people and injured 26 others until he was stopped by cops in less than a minute.

This was a week after the Gilroy shooter did something similar.

It came out later that the Gilroy shooter actually killed himself. Which is even more evidence toward your point.

Sherrod Brown called out MoscowMitch for not having a vote on background checks.

Portman is showing once again his owned lock, stock and barrel by the NRA. What a weak ass punk piece of shit he is!

Neil deWhatabout Tyson

Neil deWhatabout Tyson

On one of the Sunday morning news shows a journalist pointed out that the FBI started studying and keeping track of "active shooter" incidents in 2000. At the time the FBI started, there were about six active shooter incidents a year. By 2017 it had risen to 30 active shooter incidents a year - or five times the initial number of annual incidents. Maybe Tyson needs to focus on those kinds of numbers. All he's doing with those kinds of tweets is feeding the bosiders and excuse-makers.

Geez. That’s awful.

This twitter feed is solid:

Neil deWhatabout Tyson

I would argue our society spends proportionate energy, time, and resources on addressing those issues.

Car accidents aren’t that common considering how important cars are to our society and how many people drive every day.

I would argue our society spends proportionate energy, time, and resources on addressing those issues.

Car accidents aren’t that common considering how important cars are to our society and how many people drive every day.

Kids are afraid to go to school because of medical errors, though.

It's a very wierd posting Tyson.

It’s a craptastic tweet. Tyson should delete it.

Yeah. If that post had come from Dana Loesch none of Imus would be shocked and the reaction would be more severe.

Back