• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

It was reported that the Dayton shooter was carrying a 100 round drum magazine.

EBJuZAGWsAciB5u.jpg

How could he murder his own sister?

Did she know he had all that gear?

This should be talked about ad nauseum by anyone with a brain not suckling at the trump tweet. It’s an admission that his own damn words incite violence. Why delete if there’s nothing wrong with them?

BKF is loving the tweet deletions.

How could he murder his own sister?

Did she know he had all that gear?

Sandy Hook shooter started by killing his mother.

There is ZERO reason anybody could ever need a 100 round magazine. Unfortunately, this country gave up after Sandy Hook.

Which is why I’m completely distancing myself from the ass holes until they get their priorities straight, if they ever do.

Welcome to the club.

I broke up with the GOP in 2016 and have voted straight D (Charlie Baker excluded) ever since. It’s a liberating feeling.

Those are good corrections.

Honestly, I don't know what the hell Tyson was thinking posting that tweet. If he meant it to remind people that terrible things happen all the time in various ways, this simply wasn't the time to be posting it. Not to mention he gets the context terribly wrong in several ways, and the tweet makes him sound like a uncaring jackass. Not his finest moment, to be sure.

I’d be interested to hear from you after you talk to them. I have republican family members who I’ve tried talking to about this stuff and they’re too far gone (“the gov’t is trying to take my guns!” And “abortion !”) that I’ve given up. Like gun reform should be black and white, but with them, it’s not, because (I think) “giving in” to anything remotely “Dem” compromises their identity. It’s bizarre. And again, this should’nt be a Pub v Dem issue, it’s the right thing to do. Along with the other things you listed.

Sad but true. I had lunch with the in-laws and extended family today. Same recycled talking points, conspiracy theories and level got a “let’s just hope God blesses us with Trump for 4 more years” from her grandma. I’m not ready to take on that level of stupid yet.

Back