• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

my sister just hired a wedding planner named Megan, but pronounced Meegan. why would you do that to a child?

I know people named Marisa, Larisa, and Alisa (all pronounced with a long "i" like in "Lisa"). But all of them very frequently get called "Marissa" "Larissa" and "Alissa." I mean, the parents did spell it correctly...but it's still a pain to have a name just slightly different.

my sister just hired a wedding planner named Megan, but pronounced Meegan. why would you do that to a child?

I went to high school with a girl named Meeghan, but at least that spelling gives a hint that it might be a different pronunciation.

I know several Meagans that pronounce it two different ways

The kids go to school with a girl named Rogue. Like I said, more power to them, I just found it odd because of the negative connotation.

my youngest pooped in a hotel bathtub about 5 minutes before we were due to check out and lets just say I didn't have time to do a proper clean up. I still feel 10% guilty about that.

Man, sounds like I gotta crack the whip on poop handling.

My kid has pooped the tub once already and I did soap up his little sling thingy but for the tub I mostly just rinsed down the sides. Then I saw some ladies in a mom FB group talking about all of the disinfecting they did when that happened and felt like I maybe could have done more. OOOOOOPPPPSSS.

is the squirrel still alive? is he ill?

you're good.

Man, it's threads like these that make me realize how lucky we've been with my boys. They are total shitheads in other ways, but have never pooped in the tub(probably because we gave them proper names, obvs). Maybe they are waiting until they are ten or so.

lennon sounds like a hot-girls' name

Or a damn ugly Soviet

icon00000000018.jpg

Man, sounds like I gotta crack the whip on poop handling.

My kid has pooped the tub once already and I did soap up his little sling thingy but for the tub I mostly just rinsed down the sides. Then I saw some ladies in a mom FB group talking about all of the disinfecting they did when that happened and felt like I maybe could have done more. OOOOOOPPPPSSS.

Yeah, but the Squirrel's still wee, so poops are like cute, wet little baby poops. Just wait until they start making real human poops. The one that the boy made in the tub the other night was enormous, had like entire pieces of penne pasta in it and stuff, which is why it was so difficult to get down the drain. I spent like 15 minutes trying to break up the monstrosity with the faucet spray so that it would go down. I came very close to just grabbing it with my hand and crushing it up like play-dough and then of course burning my hand off with fire.

yeah, you just gotta scoop it up and throw it in the toilet

We have used dog poop bags to get it out. Throw toys in the washing machine with bleach

I am just waiting for S to poop in the tub while E is in there. That may be the end of them being best friends

Yeah, but the Squirrel's still wee, so poops are like cute, wet little baby poops. Just wait until they start making real human poops. The one that the boy made in the tub the other night was enormous, had like entire pieces of penne pasta in it and stuff, which is why it was so difficult to get down the drain. I spent like 15 minutes trying to break up the monstrosity with the faucet spray so that it would go down. I came very close to just grabbing it with my hand and crushing it up like play-dough and then of course burning my hand off with fire.

#wafflestomp

Hahaha well before reading your whole post I was going to say that the baby poops are worse because it just spreads out into the whole tub and you can't just scoop up one turd and put it in the toilet. You're trying to SHOVE IT DOWN THE DRAIN?! That can't be pleasant. I'd rather throw on some gloves or use a cleaned out yogurt cup that can be tossed. Like Milhouse said...

yeah, you just gotta scoop it up and throw it in the toilet

#wafflestomp

:sick:

My boys have never dropped a deuce in the tub. #blessed

maybe i'm desensitized from dealing w/ dog poop - but what's the big deal about just moving it to the toilet and then washing your hands?

Back