• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

I have the same first and middle names as the preceding six generations of first born sons...

...or for thirty years I've thought so.

When my grandfather died his obituary (written by my aunt) switched his middle and first names and listed my dad as the III.

I'm so confused now. Legally I'm Jr.

Would never want a kid named John or David, but Lennon is okay. Totally different wavelengths from me, as Lennon is fucking STUPID. If it's a middle name because you totally dig the Beatles, then whatevs. But as a first name, enjoy that association to an iconic figure with whom you may or may not identify (but will always be everyone's first identification with you) for the rest of your life!

I would rather have a unique name that isn't horrible (read: not banks) than be named John like a million other people.

I would rather have a unique name that isn't horrible (read: not banks) than be named John like a million other people.
Like I said, totally different wavelengths, and that's fine. I don't think Lennon is particularly unique, either. Ohh, your parents liked the Beatles? Wow. Add in that it's uncertain whether it's a boy or a girl and it's a last name and it makes it about as bad as it gets for my utilitarian purposes. If it was Lennyn, it would be even more unique!

To be clear, I don't really care what people name their kids, because it is a matter of personal taste. Fun to see how different those tastes are though.

I have the same first and middle names as the preceding six generations of first born sons...

...or for thirty years I've thought so.

When my grandfather died his obituary (written by my aunt) switched his middle and first names and listed my dad as the III.

I'm so confused now. Legally I'm Jr.

I am the 4th and my older son is the 5th.

Wife is out of town, so naturally last night the boy decides to experiment with pooping the tub for the first time while I'm putting down the baby. Let there be no mistake -- poop in the tub is officially GROSS.

My son dropped one in the tub a few weeks ago. We had to hand clean and then put all his bath toys in the dishwasher. Guess who got that job?? Certainly not mommy.

My son dropped one in the tub a few weeks ago. We had to hand clean and then put all his bath toys in the dishwasher. Guess who got that job?? Certainly not mommy.

Hmmm...so you're saying my technique of fishing the toys out of the tub, washing them off under the faucet, and then sitting them on the side of the tub to dry might not have properly disinfected them?

Hmmm...so you're saying my technique of fishing the toys out of the tub, washing them off under the faucet, and then sitting them on the side of the tub to dry might not have properly disinfected them?

Yeah, our youngest deuces in the tub about once every two weeks, and that is my go-to cleansing method.

LOL

And Lennon is a girl, btw.

Sounds fine to me.

Would never want a kid named John or David, but Lennon is okay. Totally different wavelengths from me, as Lennon is fucking STUPID. If it's a middle name because you totally dig the Beatles, then whatevs. But as a first name, enjoy that association to an iconic figure with whom you may or may not identify (but will always be everyone's first identification with you) for the rest of your life!

haha I love this shit I'm John and I named my son David. I wouldn't name my goldfish Lennon, and he is my favorite Beatle. :thumbsup:

But its all good. I used to rag on the names people name their kids, but after mine was born I stopped giving a shit about their kids' names. When you look at your own child after he is born and that feeling comes over you, you can name him whatever the hell you want. He's you kid and you are responsible for him. Name away. I still roll my eyes a little when I hear names like Keegan and Easton, but hey that's their thing man.

haha I love this shit I'm John and I named my son David. I wouldn't name my goldfish Lennon, and he is my favorite Beatle. :thumbsup:

But its all good. I used to rag on the names people name their kids, but after mine was born I stopped giving a shit about their kids' names. When you look at your own child after he is born and that feeling comes over you, you can name him whatever the hell you want. He's you kid and you are responsible for him. Name away. I still roll my eyes a little when I hear names like Keegan and Easton, but hey that's their thing man.

You're better than me. I judge away still.

Man, sounds like I gotta crack the whip on poop handling.

My kid has pooped the tub once already and I did soap up his little sling thingy but for the tub I mostly just rinsed down the sides. Then I saw some ladies in a mom FB group talking about all of the disinfecting they did when that happened and felt like I maybe could have done more. OOOOOOPPPPSSS.

I've got to dig up and share one of the posts from a breast milk mom's group that Mrs. BSD is in. CRAZY PILLS

Back