• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Do they both go by Grant or does one go by a middle name? I've def considered using my maiden name for a middle name. That would be cool.

my middle is my mom's maiden, she did that for my siblings too, which my wife thinks is weird for us all to have the same middle name

my middle is my mom's maiden, she did that for my siblings too, which my wife thinks is weird for us all to have the same middle name

because it is.

I have the same middle name as my mom, and will do the same if I ever have a daughter.

I share a middle name with my mom's brother and dad. My first name is my dad and his dad's middle name.

Last edited:
My older sister got my Mom's maiden name as her middle name. Her son has my father's middle name as his middle name.

My middle name is just a stray name they liked.

I will not continue the tradition if I have kids, because my last name is awkward. I could see using another family name, like my mom's maiden name. She did not have a middle name originally, just First Maiden, which became First Maiden Married.

My first name is my dad, granddad, and great-granddad's first name. My middle name is my like great-uncle's last name. Doofus and I both got one name from each side of the family.

My older sister got my Mom's maiden name as her middle name. Her son has my father's middle name as his middle name.

My middle name is just a stray name they liked.

I will not continue the tradition if I have kids, because my last name is awkward. I could see using another family name, like my mom's maiden name. She did not have a middle name originally, just First Maiden, which became First Maiden Married.

You could do the 'single letter as middle name' thing (a la Harry S Truman) and give them an H, which would be symbolic of the awkward name without actually being the awkward name!

We have picked the name for the kiddo. First name will be my middle name (which is my dad, granddad and great-granddad's first name). Middle name will be her Dad's middle name.

I was adamant, no odd names. I like old-fashioned names. David is the boy's name, and he shall be called David. harrumph

I got my grandmother's middle name as my middle (kept it when I got married because it meant keeping my initials). If I ever have a girl, she will get my mom's middle name (which is actually now legally my mom's last name) to honor that tradition.
E has Husky's middle name and S has Matt's middle/ FIL's first name as his middle

I don't want my kids to be named Axis or DyShawn but I definitely would never want to name kids David, John, Josh, Adam, Katherine, Sarah, etc. So soooo boring and common.

Obviously no offense to people on here who have inevitably named their kids that (due to the aforementioned commonness of the name).

Back