• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Yeah, did some literal LOLing there

Jaydien That's right. JaydIen. Don't forget that I. That I is what sets young Jaydien apart from the mere Jaydens of the world. Now don't you people who named your kid Jayden feel behind the times? You bought the beta version of that name. It's like buying an iPad too early. Six years from now, the name will have morphed into Jayydizzosoian, and then you'll really feel like a sucker.

Brook'Lynn The abuse of apostrophes in names has to end. A reasonable person should be able to know, by looking at a name, when one syllable ends and another begins. But no, dumbfucks all over the country have to be like "I'll name him Raw'Bert." You stop that. Give me some credit for being able to read even if you can't.

A Caleigh was just born.

Google tells me to pronounce it Kyleigh. I'd pronounce it Cali.

I could see someone mispronouncing that like Raleigh or cauli[flower].

Last edited:
Then you have the people trying to come up with the most unique/unusual/bizarre spellings for a normal name. Poor kids will struggle with spelling for life!

For example, my niece is named Haley. I've seen her name also spelled Hayley, Haleigh, Hayleigh, Haileigh, Haylee, Haylie, Hailee...

Mrs. BSD is a member of some twin mom facebook group. A couple has had their b/g twin name picked out "forever": Knox and Beckett (both awful names). They are now thinking about going with Declan and Darby. Facepalm

We went to law school with someone who named kid #1 Beckett. Her maiden name was Beckett and I still think of her by her maiden name, so even though the kid's name is clearly not Beckett Beckett, I always think of him that way :)

We went to law school with someone who named kid #1 Beckett. Her maiden name was Beckett and I still think of her by her maiden name, so even though the kid's name is clearly not Beckett Beckett, I always think of him that way :)

Ah, yes we did.

One of our friend's maiden name is Grant, so when she had her first kid she named him Grant. Okay, that is relatively normal. However, when her sister (also with the same maiden name of Grant) had her first kid, she named him Grant too. So two first cousins, who are about a year apart, both have the same first name. Acceptable, or pick a different name dumbass?

Acceptable only if the second one pronounces it G-Rant.

One of our friend's maiden name is Grant, so when she had her first kid she named him Grant. Okay, that is relatively normal. However, when her sister (also with the same maiden name of Grant) had her first kid, she named him Grant too. So two first cousins, who are about a year apart, both have the same first name. Acceptable, or pick a different name dumbass?

Yeah that's stupid. Sorry you didn't get knocked up first.

Greeks do this shit all the time. Buncha Petes and Jimmys in my family

Do they both go by Grant or does one go by a middle name? I've def considered using my maiden name for a middle name. That would be cool.

My middle name was my mom's maiden name. Of course now I dropped that and my current middle is my maiden.

My college ex had 4 names and went by the third of the four, which was his mother's maiden name.

Do they both go by Grant or does one go by a middle name? I've def considered using my maiden name for a middle name. That would be cool.

They both go by Grant, which makes it pretty confusing when they both are together. But I guess both moms like the name.

Back