• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Parenting Thread

Rambo just puked his brains out at McCallisters Deli. Good times.

As someone with a ridiculous first name, parents are just asking for their kid to be picked on with absurd names. It doesn't necessarily impact anyone but it can suck for the kid.

I have a co-worker with the same name as S, he says he always hated his name. It's made me concerned he will blame us forever if his name isn't awesome (but at least he doesn't have a twin with a "cooler" name)

I have a co-worker with the same name as S, he says he always hated his name. It's made me concerned he will blame us forever if his name isn't awesome (but at least he doesn't have a twin with a "cooler" name)

Isn't his name Spencer? Sounds like a perfectly normal name to me.

My wife , who is white, has an ongoing good natured argument with an African American coworker about which race is currently coming up with more awful kids names. My wife has convinced me that White people is the correct answer and it's not even close.

My wife , who is white, has an ongoing good natured argument with an African American coworker about which race is currently coming up with more awful kids names. My wife has convinced me that White people is the correct answer and it's not even close.

White people.

I don't think Spencer is bad at all, but it is definitely on the nerdy side.

Certainly nothing socially crippling though.

Shithead?

It's white people if you are talking about utilizing existing words as names that have no business being names (Bristol, Cash, Tractor, etc.).
It's black people if you are talking about just making up completely new ridiculous names out of thin air (DeLeSeanTavius, Montrezl, etc.).

Naming a child Penis should result in automatic revocation of said child. I can always tell myself at least my parents didn't name me penis

Back