• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I didn't think the best picture lineup was weak this year. I thought they were much better than last year's best films

Hmm...not sure. Wouldn't be New Jack City either.

Pac was pretty good in Juice. Dark character. Bro could act.

I think it was this flick Straight Out Of Brooklyn, but I may need to email my bro and see if he remembers. It apparently had D'Angelo Barksdale in it, but he obviously wasn't D'Angelo in 1991.

I thought the twist was good but in general the two things I bolded have been correlated recently so I expected to have your opinion going in.

Agreed...it should have been expected to have a shitty twist....but this "twist" was basically just an entire thinly-plotted movie to setup a sequel.

Better flick: I'm Gonna Git You Sucka or Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood?

Saw Neighbors 2 on HBO last night. Wasn't expecting much but it was pretty funny. On par with the first, FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar type movies this year

saw Loving this weekend, good flick and good acting.

hated Arrival

Hell or high water was good

Space Jam or Air Bud?

Tried to see Get Out this weekend but it was sold out. Saw Kong instead. That's how you do a monster movie -- funny, campy, legit special effects, John C. Reilly.

Sold out on its third weekend? Wow.

Space Jam is incredible. Probably seen it 10+ times.

Get Out was pretty great. Peele's screenplay is really smart, the horror and comedy are both done to genre perfection, and some pretty nice visuals from a directorial standpoint. He basically killed it.

I can't imagine a directorial debut going better. 99% RT, A- audience score (often well reviewed movies audiences still hate), already sitting at $111mm domestic on a $4.5mm budget.

Back