• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I'm at a weird point in FO4. Still pretty early in the game (level ~15), but I snuck my way into Diamond City super early (level ~7) and now I feel pretty underpowered wherever I go. I can't remember what the "main" quest is, or where it wants me to go, and there's nothing super obvious in my quest log. I managed to get my settlement quest node to the point where it wants me to go to the Castle, which, yeah, I ain't ready for.

Kory told me to do the Detective Valentine quest, but I think I might still be a bit underleveled for that. I think my best bet might be to go back to Lexington and slowly work my way south through the area north of DC.

I'm level like 5 and just passed the diner. Need to get some armor or something. Have plenty of guns, but die very quickly when shot at.

I'm at a weird point in FO4. Still pretty early in the game (level ~15), but I snuck my way into Diamond City super early (level ~7) and now I feel pretty underpowered wherever I go. I can't remember what the "main" quest is, or where it wants me to go, and there's nothing super obvious in my quest log. I managed to get my settlement quest node to the point where it wants me to go to the Castle, which, yeah, I ain't ready for.

Kory told me to do the Detective Valentine quest, but I think I might still be a bit underleveled for that. I think my best bet might be to go back to Lexington and slowly work my way south through the area north of DC.

Any mission involving your son is the "main quest". So finding a "detective" to aid in the help of your missing son is definitely the main quest.

Any mission involving your son is the "main quest". So finding a "detective" to aid in the help of your missing son is definitely the main quest.

ohhh. the quest log didn't mention anything about my son, so I wasn't sure. I had forgotten the backstory there.

makes sense though

i'm lvl 51 and almost done (I think).

once done, i feel like I might start a new game with a Charisma build and play on Survival. On 'normal' difficulty you just get super OP with Power Armor and weapon/armor mod perks.

ohhh. the quest log didn't mention anything about my son, so I wasn't sure. I had forgotten the backstory there.

makes sense though

The cut scene when you enter Diamond City connects Valentine with your son. You mention in front of the mayor and the reporter chick that you are looking for a missing person and she goes off about another person going missing and the mayor continuing to ignore it. Then she sets you up with Valentine. At least that's how I remember it happening.

I'm level 48 and I finished the main storyline.

Here is an interesting thing, I must have broken the game a little because characters will refer to characters that were killed or banished and neither of those things have happened. In one case people keep referring to someone as being dead that is literally standing next to me as my companion. Strange.

should I get The Witcher III now with it being on sale down to $25-30, or wait until a GOTY edition comes out with all the DLC included?

and now of course amazon doesn't have it on sale for $25 anymore. Still $30 at Gamestop, think I'll go ahead and pick it up today before they bump the price back up

i played Endless Legend until too late last night. Great game, just as addictive as Civ, really cool factions, environment, graphics, and battle mechanics.

Downsides: the interface is confusing, there is no manual, and the tutorial is extremely basic, so I'm still struggling with some basic game mechanics. It also doesn't have an in-game Civ-O-Pedia - when you click on the icon for "help" it takes you out of the game to a Wiki. WTF?

Finished FO4 last night. The ending was a bit of a let down. The game just sort of petered out.

923, have you tried the Anno series?

no, not familiar with it.

If you like the Civ building games, Anno is pretty good. I've not played the new one, but put a lot of time into 2077. It's a futuristic colony builder.

Back