• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially if you've spent so much time overseas that you fit the definition of a third-culture kid.

I feel like I really missed out on living overseas. But my mom and dad were both in so it was always kind of difficult when we had to move - I feel like one of them was always left behind in the other city waiting for their paperwork to process.

My dad's paranoia is slowly pushing him towards full prepper mode. He wanted me to get my brother a big knife for Christmas so he can put it in the "go bag" he's making for him. I had to google what a go bag was. I got him a tablet instead because I'm not an insane person.

I have a SOG Super Bowie that is pretty fucking badass.

He lives in a one bedroom downtown apartment in Winston Salem with his girlfriend and 2 dogs. He doesn't really camp and definitely doesn't hunt. What the hell do you need a huge knife for??

I like a nice fixed blade knife but I feel like a donk carrying one of those unless i'm hiking/camping. I have a Fallkniven S1 and it's great.

I just don't get it apparently. Sounds to me like it's an extension of your penis that makes you feel more like a man.

I feel like I really missed out on living overseas. But my mom and dad were both in so it was always kind of difficult when we had to move - I feel like one of them was always left behind in the other city waiting for their paperwork to process.

I'm fascinated by people who spent their formative years in the same house.

I'm 25 and I've moved 14 times.

get him something like this, instead:

Hawk-Classic-10002HJB.png

You all have convinced me....I'll get him a knife for his go bag. Maybe one like this so he can ACTUALLY USE IT SOMEWHERE.

13253.jpg

I'm fascinated by people who spent their formative years in the same house.

I'm 25 and I've moved 14 times.

My parents still live in the same house we moved into when I was 1, and they'll never move out. I can't imagine moving around as a kid. I'm intimidated by the thought as an adult! Bet it would have been neat to have the opportunity to reinvent yourself as a kid though, or maybe that's just in stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back