• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whom Do You Hate More?

You can only pick one.

• Total voters
Since this hurting recruiting, show me the 4*/5* recruits we have typically been getting.

I did oppose that early on and told you why. It's stated above.

No, RJ, the sole reason you defended Bzz was not because you knew he'd be here three years and it would hurt the program to fire another coach so closely on the heels of Dino's firing

*Cracks knuckles*

You were very impressed by the job Bzz did at Colorado

No he doesn't....he hasn't built a team from the pits of a BCS conference to being compeititive.

I wasn't excited about hiring [name redacted], but he's much better than Gregory.

Coming 7th or worse five out of the past six years in a second rate conference is worse then what [name redacted] did at CU and it's not even close.

[name redacted] built CO from nothing to being competitive. No matter how much you hate him. You can't be honest and not say he left CO in a good position.

You can't rationally compare having a losing record five out of his last six years in the A-10 to coaching in the B12.

He took a dead CO program and had them on the way to respectability. People in the the coaching community disagree with you.

Whether he will do it here is still up for question.

You were very high on his recruiting class, which resulted in the Sensational Seven

2012 has a ton of big guys. If we get another Top 100 big guy, we will have a nice mix.

By then Carson will be decent player. Travis is a stud. JTT improved a great deal last year. Codi is exploding....It looks like Chase can shoot. CJ is a good piece and so is Tony.

If we get a ready to play bruiser, we could be on the bubble.

[name redacted] has been awful with the press, but he hasn't done anything to show he isn't a good coach.

Yep people her will go to any lengths to put [name redacted] down. If any other coach in Wake history went form a non-descript recruiting class to a potentially top 10 recruiing class the same people would be turning cartwheels.

Those who say [name redacted] is a bad person need to look in the mirror. He's a horrible communicator, but to say he's a bad person is insanity.

Even before we lost JTT no one was expecting this team to be that good. Most rational people had seen a light at the end of the tunnel with a Top 15 2012 recruiting class coming in.

What's sad is those who refuse to give any credit ever. There is a solid group that determined the day [name redacted] was announced that they would only look for failure. To deny this is to deny history.

It would have been great to have gotten Stevens or Turgeon when we fired Dino, but neither was going anywhere that year. Wellman handled it poorly. Few deny this.

So yo uare directly saying NOTHING [Redacted] can do will ever do for you.

You've also admitted that you had no intention of giving him a chance.

This speaks much more about YOU.

We have a Top 15 recruiting class and it looks like we lead on two Top 50 players in the next class.

My bad , you'd rather have us suck so you can be right.

[Redacted]'s job from Day One was to let the program tank, set it on a good path , then have someone takeover.

Then he started coaching at Wake.

Of course you don't mention the most important sentence, "Whether he will do it here is still up for question."

Nor do you post when I put criteria for success on him...

It was a done deal at the point those quotes were made. What choice did we have?

That search function is a mother. RJ lies again.

You thought Bzz "knew NBA offense," and were encouraged by the progress and player development (at least contrasted to Dino's) you saw:

YOU could have done better than Dino did with three Top 20 picks, Ish and other very good players.

[name redacted] or ANY competent coach would have has that team in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 and could have made the Final 4 with a good draw.

[name redacted] would have lit up the scorboard with Ish driving, JJ from the FT line, lobs to Farouq and JT slashing.

That team should have been unstoppable on offense. If a coach put in a pro offense, they would have scored 88-92 ppg. [name redacted] knows how coach NBA offense.

He proved it with the Nuggets and scored a lot with AFA.

We are scoring as much as we did last year while making 20% fewer TOs and are allowing fewer points.

With some depth and a banger, we woudl have probably won several more games this year.

This year's team does play much harder than last year's team. If you don't see that it's because you don't to see it.

If you understand the NBA, the part that spoke about not getting an extrension is a red flag. You'd understand the as soon as that happens players tune out the coach and his days are immediately numbered.

In essence, Kiki fired [Redacted] that day. He should have just doen it thne and not wasted the first 40% of the season.

As to his players not being in shape or gving enough effort, Phil Jackson used to say that after wins sometimes. Every coach in the NBA says that. It's a cliche.

JTT improved more under [Redacted] than he ever would have under Dino. Under Dino he would have been a pure chucker who never tried anything else.

It's ludicrous to think a coach who completely butchered having a ton of talent wold have done anything with significantly less talent.

Like many other people I was wrong about the 2012 recruiting class.

I have no problem saying that Dino was a terrible coach.

The Nuggets did score while he was as did Air Force, but why be accurate?

You thought Bzz would turn things around here, and mused about the BzzOut reaction if we made the Dance with his players. You even thought he might still be a good fit for WF

I hate where it is today. I think it will start turning around in 12/13.

No matter what happens, we'll be in better shape for a new coach than we were when [Redacted] took the job.

I'm not sure what's going to happen. What I think may happen is after the 12/13 season or 13/14, we'll be back on solid footing.

I can aslo see [name redacted] handing over the reins to Chill in a few years.

I wonder how many of Bzzouters/Bzzisthe anti-christers heads will explode if we make The Dance with his players.

You have to understand, it's not about whether [Redacted] is K or Jack Ramsay or Wooden. It's whether he fits what we need to right our program.

You know that I told you we were in deep shit about three years ago. I told you Dino didn't have any real control of the program.

Last year and this we are seeing how true that was.

The top level young coaches would not take our job knowing they'd have two years of bad records. You don't take that chance.

We had to find someone who could take the heat that was inevitable.

[Redacted] is never going to be a HOF coach. But he could be a good fit for Wake.

Let's see what happens in 12/13, then we can make an educated evaluation.

Reactions: Ayo
Of course you highlighted the wrong line:

"Let's see what happens in 12/13, then we can make an educated evaluation."

Those are all examples of defending someone. Perhaps not whole-hearted endorsement, but you were clearly defending him. Bear in mind that this was after Bzz's first full season (which you repeatedly defended by saying that "no coach could have done appreciably better.") If memory serves, your defense was even more vociferous before that trainwreck of a first season

13437434_576057535910981_1912464803_n.jpg

Back