• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Ok, well maybe I misspoke, it wasn't the worst episode. Maul episodes are always great.

It was just weird that they built it all up and Maul was killed with two strikes.

Like, Obi-Wan had a real battle with him in Ep.1. Figured it would be a little more of that, and a little less bing-bang-boom, game over.

I'm always on the wrong side of the fence with shows on here. Overall it was good with the storytelling and such, I just felt like it built to something that would be more than it was. I enjoyed the convo between them, but just thought the fight would be more.

Oh well.

Star Wars thread (Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer)

Ok, well maybe I misspoke, it wasn't the worst episode. Maul episodes are always great.

It was just weird that they built it all up and Maul was killed with two strikes.

Like, Obi-Wan had a real battle with him in Ep.1. Figured it would be a little more of that, and a little less bing-bang-boom, game over.

I'm always on the wrong side of the fence with shows on here. Overall it was good with the storytelling and such, I just felt like it built to something that would be more than it was. I enjoyed the convo between them, but just thought the fight would be more.

Oh well.

In the E1 fight, Obi-Won was young and undisciplined. He was furious in his attacks. Maul was more calm, in control, dictated the battle. Old Obi-Won had learned like Qui-Gon to dictate the terms of the contest. He loses a fight to Maul if he fights that way. So he waits, studies his opening, and takes what is given to him. Maul is blinded by rage, a true Sith. Obi-Won who at this stage has every reason to be wrathful and vengeful rises above that. In the same way he loses any fight against Vader he wages in E4, and he chooses to sacrifice himself.

Kenobi has some of the best character development in Star Wars in no small part because he consistently had one of the best actors portraying him.

Good points throughout.

I very much see where you're coming from and I understand it was more than just a lightsaber duel this time.

I was just hoping for more. :noidea: Still takes nothing away from the series or EU as a whole.

I'm excited to finish up with Mando Season 2 and move on to Book of Boba Fett.

ALSO: Random thought here, but in that battle with Maul, OB1 does his little "point my two fingers at you then attack with lightsaber" trick that he did in more of the prequel trilogy. He doesn't do this in the OT does he? It's be awhile since I've watched them.

Last edited:
Finished Mando Season 2. I liked it. Probably more than the first season.

Grogu with much more screen time and comic relief. And it definitely got a little dusty at the end.

Not sure where they go from here. Can they afford to keep up with the de-aging of Hamill, or do they shift Mando's focus to something else like restoring Mandalore?

You should watch Book of Boba Fett.

I'm getting there...lol

Watching the whole of Star Wars television series in less than a month is pretty good I'd say.

Pretty bold to release a teaser trailer for Andor hours before Obi-Wan Kenobi drops.

ha was just coming to post this. I think there's some kind of Disney Star Wars event going on right now, so they're expecting other announcements.

Yeah. Star Wars Celebration. That's why they moved Obi-Wan to tomorrow apparently. There's going to be a live showing at the event.

Another big announcement. Mandalorian Season 3 drops in February 2023. I didn't realize they were that far along.

New show announcement. Skeleton Crew.An Original series starring Jude Law, from executive producers Jon Watts, Christopher Ford, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

Director Jon Watts said, Skeleton Crew follows "a group of kids...who accidentally get lost in the Star Wars galaxy..and their journey trying to find their way home."

Set in the timeline with Mando & Ahsoka. Coming in 2023.

Last edited:
Obi-Wan goes up at midnight (in 3 minutes).

Was this any good?

Yes. Without going into too much detail, it helps advance some stories from The Mandalorian Season 2.

Obi-Wan? Really? haven't watched it yet, but that's a bummer.

Keep in mind palma is a prominent troll taking advantage of watching it before everyone else.

Back