• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

What is Hayden Christiansen gonna do in this one? Flashbacks?

Flashbacks, maybe helmetless in the meditation chamber, force ghost battle with Obi-Wan...lots of potential...excited to see what they do, and if Hayden's acting has improved.

I haven't watched Rebels yet but if it's what I've heard, I definitely need to watch soon.

Other than the first season of Mandalorian, I haven't dug into any of the non-movie Star Wars shows. Need to watch Rebels and Clone Wars and Bad Batch and Mandalorian Season 2, and Bad Batch.....whew, lot's of stuff to take in.

Clones wars is good but really long. I'd Google a best episode list and you can cut your time significantly and not worry that you're missing important stuff.

I've done that, but be aware that the best episode lists vary greatly.

The entire final season of Clone Wars is really good.

https://geneticjen.medium.com/clone-wars-episode-guide-db0740df1234

I used this persons list last year when I was working through Clone Wars. Seemed pretty good and in line with what I had heard that the first couple of seasons are much more inconsequential generally than the rest. CW is a structured well for this type of viewing since they have the 3-4 episode stories so it’s easier to choose if it’s something you’ll think you’d be interested in. I pretty much followed her list exactly for all essential episodes but definitely added some that looked interesting.

Working through Rebels now which is harder to skip any episodes since it’s the same core cast throughout (I still did though)

I just started Clone Wars last week and am almost through Season 3.

I just finished the Nightsisters/Savage Oppress episodes and the Mortis arc (very weird, but fun).

I couldn't stand Ahsoka at first but she's growing on me. The only thing I really don't like about this show so far is that they immediately changed Anakin from a brash/passionate/rule breaker and into a mentor/teaching/responsible (for the most part) character that is doling out lessons and using phrases that Obi-Wan was using just in the Attack of the Clones movie. It's like they immediately shifted him to Obi-Wan's mannerisms from the previous movie and immediately made Ahsoka into Anakin.

The transition was too quick for me. But it's a cartoon about space jesus's with laser swords.

Just wait. They need to build the anakin as a great jedi brand before laying the groundwork for the pivot.

I just started Clone Wars last week and am almost through Season 3.

I just finished the Nightsisters/Savage Oppress episodes and the Mortis arc (very weird, but fun).

I couldn't stand Ahsoka at first but she's growing on me. The only thing I really don't like about this show so far is that they immediately changed Anakin from a brash/passionate/rule breaker and into a mentor/teaching/responsible (for the most part) character that is doling out lessons and using phrases that Obi-Wan was using just in the Attack of the Clones movie. It's like they immediately shifted him to Obi-Wan's mannerisms from the previous movie and immediately made Ahsoka into Anakin.

The transition was too quick for me. But it's a cartoon about space jesus's with laser swords.

It also irks the shit out of me that Ahsoka holds her lightsaber in reverse grip. Like that seems so illogical and counter-intuitive. Plus it puts a lightsaber resting right next to your arm.

main-qimg-817f915a976f8e929daf70856a0f790c

AND they just randomly give her a second shorter blade (it has a name, but whatever) with no explanation or discussion on-screen (at least not yet?).

AND they just randomly give her a second shorter blade (it has a name, but whatever) with no explanation or discussion on-screen (at least not yet?).

There’s actually some really cool stuff with Ahsoka and lightsabers from the extended universe. Worth a trip down a wiki rabbit hole.

Cool! Thanks....I'll definitely do that.

At some point in these Star Wars additional series and stuff, do they show a Jedi construct a lightsaber? Would be interested in seeing that!

Cool! Thanks....I'll definitely do that.

At some point in these Star Wars additional series and stuff, do they show a Jedi construct a lightsaber? Would be interested in seeing that!

They do. There’s a couple episode arc late in clone wars where some younglings go make theirs.

Do any of you have a favorite episode(s) of Clone Wars?

I'm really enjoying it. Particularly the eps with Cad Bane...just watched the episodes where Obi-Wan pretends to die and joins up with Cad Bane undercover. It was fun.

Tough to answer that. Late season asohka has a run of great episodes in a story arc that we see continue in the mandalorian. The final season has some very good stuff. The final four episodes are a mini movie with mandalore.

I'm just trucking through these episodes.

Just finished the one with the fight between Maul/Savage Opress and Darth Sidious.

Just EPIC!

Maul with his Lightsaber and the Darksaber vs. Sidious with two sabers was just bing bang boom all over the place.

Surprised no force lightning was used, since that's Sidious/Dooku's main use of the force.

Only in the movies!

Seriously though glad you are enjoying. It really is well done. Filoni is a genius star wars nerd storyteller.

Sooooo....

I finished Clone Wars, moved to Bad Batch, and now finished Rebels.

Currently going back through Mandalorian Season 1, before watching Season 2 for the first time.

I gotta say, Bad Batch has been my favorite so far. Really enjoyed that, and can't wait to see more.

Rebels was a little weird the way it kinda started with Kanan being reluctant to show himself as a Jedi, and then goes straight into "I'm a Jedi Knight, and Ezra is my padawan" with Ezra developing at an unbelievable pace.

Just a nitpicky thing.

But the absolute worst thing from all of the Star Wars series that I've experienced was how they build up Maul and his quest for vengeance against Obi-Wan, through two series, only for their ultimate meeting to end with two saber strikes.

Was that by design? To show how basing your whole life on revenge is wasteful and ultimately unworthy of the effort/time?

Meh.

Sooooo....

I finished Clone Wars, moved to Bad Batch, and now finished Rebels.

Currently going back through Mandalorian Season 1, before watching Season 2 for the first time.

I gotta say, Bad Batch has been my favorite so far. Really enjoyed that, and can't wait to see more.

Rebels was a little weird the way it kinda started with Kanan being reluctant to show himself as a Jedi, and then goes straight into "I'm a Jedi Knight, and Ezra is my padawan" with Ezra developing at an unbelievable pace.

Just a nitpicky thing.

But the absolute worst thing from all of the Star Wars series that I've experienced was how they build up Maul and his quest for vengeance against Obi-Wan, through two series, only for their ultimate meeting to end with two saber strikes.

Was that by design? To show how basing your whole life on revenge is wasteful and ultimately unworthy of the effort/time?

Meh.

You’re going to be pretty lonely on your island with that take. You also answered a little of your own question. That episode with Maul and Kenobi is generally regarded as one of the best pieces of Star Wars storytelling on screen.

Lol yeah that take is something else.

Aside from the wrongness, even if I agreed with you there were far worse episodes/storylines in some of clone wars.

That Maul/Kenobi fight is my favorite Star Wars duel. All the action happens before the laser swords clash.

Back