• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Cad Bane is clearly inspired by Lee Van Cleef.

Yes, Van Cleef was the baddie in Good/Bad/Ugly and got a lot of those same shots with the slow raise of the hat brim and the brim shadowing the face. His delivery through gritted teeth and in gutteral tone is Eastwood.

The Wife was POed about Timothy Olyphant.

Yes, Van Cleef was the baddie in Good/Bad/Ugly and got a lot of those same shots with the slow raise of the hat brim and the brim shadowing the face. His delivery through gritted teeth and in gutteral tone is Eastwood.

No to the bolded. From https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cad_Bane
"Corey Burton, who also voiced Ziro the Hutt[13] and Count Dooku,[43] provided Cad Bane's voice, which was based on Lee Van Cleef's performance in the film The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

No to the bolded. From https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Cad_Bane
"Corey Burton, who also voiced Ziro the Hutt[13] and Count Dooku,[43] provided Cad Bane's voice, which was based on Lee Van Cleef's performance in the film The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Well then his LVC imitation sucks. Probably better for the character that he sounds more like Josey Wales than Angel Eyes.

I would not have guessed that the same person voiced cad bane and ziro.

She's pissed that he's still alive?

She's pissed that he's still alive?

So who is playing the spoiler-- me or you? Pretty sure ep 6 was the end of him. Further reinforced by what they said in ep 7. But maybe they'll Bobby Ewing his ass, I don't know.

Did you watch through the credits of Ep 7?

So who is playing the spoiler-- me or you? Pretty sure ep 6 was the end of him. Further reinforced by what they said in ep 7. But maybe they'll Bobby Ewing his ass, I don't know.
Post credit scene shows him in a rehab tank like boba fett uses and the same guy that saved fennec with Droid parts is in the room so think he is still alive.

Ah, well maybe I need to point the wifey to that. I figured between the rancor and the wookiee, that bacta tank would be full for a while, though I'm not sure how you'd get the rancor in there.

The bacta tank is sure getting a lot of screen time in this series. Seems like they are so valuable that every Jedi/sith/Bounty hunter/soldier should have their own. Maybe they are crazy expensive and only rich people can have them?

I think I’ll be somewhat disappointed if it’s a lot of inquisitor plots because rebels kinda fleshed that out a lot…

I think I’ll be somewhat disappointed if it’s a lot of inquisitor plots because rebels kinda fleshed that out a lot…

Rebels also fleshed out Obi Wan's story including his final battle with Maul which would be great material for this kind of show. I think this show takes place after his story ended in Rebels based on what I remember of Luke's age in Rebels vs. here. Bail Organa and a young Leia are also in the show.

Rebels also fleshed out Obi Wan's story including his final battle with Maul which would be great material for this kind of show. I think this show takes place after his story ended in Rebels based on what I remember of Luke's age in Rebels vs. here. Bail Organa and a young Leia are also in the show.

some of the inquisitors look like ones that didn’t make it out of rebels. Like wasn’t that the grand inquisitor in the trailer?

I didn’t mean fleshing out plot lines per se but if a lot of the episodes are inquisitor fights etc I’ll be a bit disappointed because we kinda got a lot of that already in rebels.

But maybe I’m just in a pissy depressed mood for other reasons

Some of the thrill of these shows is literally "fleshing out" what we've previously only seen in animation, like Ahsoka and Bo-Katan. My impression of the trailer is that the show will center around Obi-Wan and the one inquisitor, not that there will be a lot of Obi-Wan vs. inquistors battles. I think we'll see a lot about the rise of the Empire from both perspectives and from perspective of regular folks on Tatooine.

Yeah maybe so. I thought it was cool when cad bane showed up. I think I’m just salty right now I should prob just watch it tomorrow when I’m less grumpy.

Back