• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

My 2 word summary of Obi-Wan: Camel riding!

4 word summary - lots of camel riding.

I've come to no longer make assessments early in serialized, uh, series unless it notably stinks or is notably great. These 2 eps were in between. I did LOL (not in a good way) at a chase scene or two. You'll know why when you see it.

The opening scene was... unfortunate due to timing but here in the US there will never be a good time.

I have only watched the first so far but dont get the hate from palma. Most of these Star Wars shows pick up super quick after the first episode or 2 and it didnt suck.

As far as the first scene:

The only thing I think they could have done about the timing of the opening was do what a couple of other shows have done this week and say something like "This was filmed before the events of Uvalde took place, please be aware this may be triggering"

I have only watched the first so far but dont get the hate from palma. Most of these Star Wars shows pick up super quick after the first episode or 2 and it didnt suck.

As DeacHead mentioned, the chase scene was cringeworthy. There's just no justifiable way this to be ranked anything higher than in the 60's on rotten tomatoes. We've lost our minds if this is getting 90%+

Palma, just out of curiosity, which Star Wars movies or shows do you like? And which are worthy of 90+ on Rotten Tomatoes?

Palma, just out of curiosity, which Star Wars movies or shows do you like? And which are worthy of 90+ on Rotten Tomatoes?

Mandalorian was perfectly fine, and while not amazing, definitely fine being at 90%. Boba Fett started slow for an episode or two but then picked up and I actually seemed to like it more than most people on here did. Reading up on Obi Wan, it got delayed because they didn't like the script. It didn't seem to get much better with the extra time. The chase scenes were done better in Home Alone. The last scene in episode 2 seemed like it had 3 minutes cut from it in editing.

Watched it with friends and talked with other friends about it. We liked it.

Are we doing spoilers? The person he is helping causes questions about things later in Star Wars.

Are we doing spoilers? The person he is helping causes questions about things later in Star Wars.

I guess. The questions that came to mind could be relatively easily waived away.

First couple episodes of Obi-Wan were meh. Not great, not terrible. I'm not a fan of the kid angle in this, but I suppose that's no different from chasing around a baby Yoda for two seasons. It would help if they had a kid who actually seemed 10 years old, rather than six or seven. Not sure of the actress's actual age, but she seems much younger than 10 and runs around like she has Warwick Davis's legs. I suspect it will pick up after the first two eps. That's seems to be the M.O. of the Star Wars shows.

Apparently she turns 10 this week which means she was 8 or 9 during filming. I agree she seemed closer to 7. But I wonder if they were thinking long term and having those actors take on those roles through their teen years.

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Ewan McGregor is great as Obi-Wan. My main problem with it so far is that there really isn't anything at stake- we know that Obi-Wan and all of the other main characters survive until ANH.

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Ewan McGregor is great as Obi-Wan. My main problem with it so far is that there really isn't anything at stake- we know that Obi-Wan and all of the other main characters survive until ANH.

I am in the same boat. I liked the two episodes enough, but yeah...we know Obi-Wan will survive another 8-10 years.

Back