• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

I am in the same boat. I liked the two episodes enough, but yeah...we know Obi-Wan will survive another 8-10 years.

yeah but this is the Kelvin timeline so all bets are off. just wait until vader takes off his helmet and it's benedict cumberbatch

Hopefully Obi-Wan introduces some new characters to increase the stakes. That's what makes a prequel like Better Call Saul effective. Obi-Wan was in hiding and we'll see where this adventure leads him.

Obviously the lines from ANH were written when the entire saga wasn't fleshed out, but Leia's message about Obi-Wan serving her father in the Clone Wars seems to serve as a reminder of their relationship, but it's destroyed here with the obvious rescue. I guess he could Jedi Mind Trick her at the end to forget about this whole adventure.

Also, the Third Sister had some good intel to know that Bail and Obi-Wan were boys, and obviously took a big swing guessing that Bail would go for Obi-Wan. I guess Alderaan doesn't have an army since Leia says right before it blows up that it's peaceful and they don't have any weapons?

I don't think it's destroyed. It's clear Bail wants to keep Leia's kidnapping a secret. Perhaps after this is all over, they still want to keep it a secret. Leia sent a formal message to Obi-Wan through a droid, so she decided to reference Obi-Wan's formal relationship with her dad rather than the kidnapping.

Either way, it's not nearly as big a problem as Anakin Skywalker's son hiding out as Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi hiding out as Ben Kenobi. Reva could have just asked people, do any of you know "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and someone would have said, "Do you mean Ben Kenobi?"

The one theory to that I've seen is that Kenobi is like the Smith or Jones of the universe, because otherwise, yeah. Or maybe only Luke knows of him as Ben Kenobi, maybe he's Ben Something Else to his space tuna butchering bros.

Also, Old Ben apparently dresses exactly like a Jedi in ANH so seems like that would be a tell.

The one theory to that I've seen is that Kenobi is like the Smith or Jones of the universe, because otherwise, yeah. Or maybe only Luke knows of him as Ben Kenobi, maybe he's Ben Something Else to his space tuna butchering bros.

Also, Old Ben apparently dresses exactly like a Jedi in ANH so seems like that would be a tell.

all jedi dress like farmers on tattooine

It’s more accurate that Jedi dress like Ben in ANH. He’s the model for how Jedi look even though it doesn’t make sense for Jedi to look like that in the Senate building on Corusant or wherever that isn’t a sand planet while in hiding.

George Lucas is a great many things, but long term planner and plotter, he is not. You guys are getting upset about this line from ANH, a movie created before Lucas just made up the idea of Luke and Leia being siblings.

George Lucas is a great many things, but long term planner and plotter, he is not. You guys are getting upset about this line from ANH, a movie created before Lucas just made up the idea of Luke and Leia being siblings.

the line in this case is fine, it's the use of Leia in this story here.

Yeah. Star Wars could actually benefit from a multiverse or alternate reality that would allow a reset for the Skywalker saga. Or just staying out of this continuity altogether.

i mean, the fact that OBW or Leia can't die doesn't mean stakes can't be introduced

kind of a lazy complaint

Yeah. Star Wars could actually benefit from a multiverse or alternate reality that would allow a reset for the Skywalker saga. Or just staying out of this continuity altogether.

I really feel strongly that SW is best when it’s not about Skywalkers. It’s just that Disney is scared to deviate too much from the IP. Hope that the High Republic stuff gives some good options.

Yeah, they had like 20 years to play around with but brought the Skywalkers back in the fold already.

They could have introduced a number of other storylines and characters and tied them (Skywalkers) in later.

I like the storylines that run concurrently with the original stories...like Rogue One.

Yeah, they had like 20 years to play around with but brought the Skywalkers back in the fold already.

They could have introduced a number of other storylines and characters and tied them (Skywalkers) in later.

I like the storylines that run concurrently with the original stories...like Rogue One.

The quotes from Kennedy about Solo really annoy me.

The quotes from Kennedy about Solo really annoy me.

Yeah. I don’t think she understood why Solo did poorly. There was no need for it although I do acknowledge that it set up and interesting storyline.

weird, i guess i'm i the minority b/c i thought Ehrenreich's take was pretty good and the writing was just dumb

On my ordered ranking of 100 things wrong with Solo (which includes "explaining how he got his last name") none of the casting is on the list.

On my ordered ranking of 100 things wrong with Solo (which includes "explaining how he got his last name") none of the casting is on the list.

that was fucking horrible...lol, had not thought of that in a while

Back