• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Because being a bestphan is wayyyyyyy less doinkish. (Am I doing it right?)

I mean, if I'm going to serious engage with your posts, you're basically calling me and others doinks for not jumping on the Rockets bandwagon. Do you consider yourself to be a fan of the Rockets, Heat, Pistons, Hawks, Wolves, and Blazers? Each one of those guys is a modern Wake legend. That doesn't really sound like fandom to me, but you do you.

If CP wins a chip, then I'll be as happy as the next person. Maybe not as much as TexasDeac, but CP is Winston's finest and one of my favorite athletes ever. I didn't cheer for the Spurs, either, but love Tim Duncan, Pop, and Buford. Does that make me *shudder* a doink?

I'm just not going to cheer for a [name redacted]-coached team, though. I'm not going to cheer against them, either. And if that makes you a better fan than me, then who gives a shit... It's just sports, man.

Apparently you.

My NBA allegiance is simple. Whatever team Chris Paul is on is my favorite team. I haven’t gotten to the level of fandom where assistant coaches dictate which teams I will and won’t cheer for.

Last edited:
Apparently you.

My NBA allegiance is simple. Whatever team Chris Paul is on is my favorite team. I haven’t gotten to the level of fandom where assistant coaches dictate which teams I will and won’t cheer for.

Meh, I'm in the same boat as you with your first sentence. But the Bzzz thing really makes it meh. Also never been a big Harden fan. And he left my city. It's cool, but I'm not going out of my way to watch games like I did the previous 10 years, eventhough I bought league pass.

Shame on the Lakers for giving in and not telling Kobe to pick one damn number to retire. You've got Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Logo all up there with one jersey and Kobe with 2 jerseys. Only in Kobe's mind does that picture look right.

It's too bad Teodosic didn't come over five years ago. He is so much fun to watch.

Will CP3 lose before ASG? PLACE YA BETS.

Their schedule actually looks pretty easy until then at first glance, but they do have to play @Boston next week, GS twice in January (the first a SNOBTB), and then @SAS and @ CLE the beginning of February.

They will end up rolling into the All-Star break at something like 48-9.

Doesn't count if CP goes out injured. Am I right or am I right?

(No Capela seemed like a bigger problem, tho. Don't @ me.)

If you missed the halftime show of the Celtics-Knicks game, figure out some way to see it. Ernie, Chuck and Shaq give Kenny Smith immense amounts of shit about the Wofford game. Definitely worth seeing.

Gotta be Christmas when the Knicks and the Six are on national TV.

Back