• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

Wilt
Lebron

66-67 Wilt averaged 24.1/24.2/7.8 played 45.5mpg and shot 68.3%.

Before you say, "He played against scrubs", He played 36 of 82 regular season games against Hall of Fame Centers (Russ, Thurmond, Beatty, Bellamy)

This biggest issue with Wilt's numbers isn't the competition, it's the pace. Teams back then had 30-40 extra possessions per game.

Why did Wilt only win two ‘ships?

Because there was no free agency when he played. The Celtics had 6-8 Hall of Famers in their primes on their teams in the 60s. Wilt didn't.

The concept about rings being a determining factor is gibberish. Oscar had one (at the end of his career). Horry has seven.

So you’re saying Wilt wasn’t even the GOHT?

It wasn't just that Russell and Wilt played at the same time. It was that Russell was surrounded by guys who are now in the Hall of Fame. Some of the BENCH guys on the Celtics of that era are in the Hall of Fame. One guy can have a major impact in basketball, but in the end it is a team game.

The closest thing to Wilt in the past thirty years is Shaq, but Shaq wasn't close to the defender or rebounder that Wilt was.

I always felt shaq relied, too often, on his strength and power and ignored how quick he was for a guy that size.

Fultz need to go now! Biggest impact this year is breaking embiids orbatal socket. Kids a wrecking ball. Gonna hurt somebody else if you leave him out there. Somewhere in San Anton Duncan's knees ache

He would be a great 3rd or 4th pick in an all-time draft. No doubt about that.

As I mentioned earlier, Wilt is my first pick in the all time draft. He could and did just about anything* on the basketball court.

*except make free throws

So his modern day comp is better than Davis or Boogie if you think he’s the first pick over Jordan or Lebron.

I don’t know, man. I just think the drop off between centers in a GOAT draft isn’t as great as the wing you pick after Jordan and Lebron. If I take Bron first and end up with David Robinson in the 2nd then I’m feeling a lot better than the guy with Wilt and Paul Pierce.

Back