• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Credibile! (will reconsider if he sits Newman for another scrappy gym rat QB)

I think Lobo right now is exactly where he should be.

He appears happy, he has young kids, I'm sure he's happy to stay put. It's kind of a down year for air force, they've had a tough schedule, but they've been consistently good under Calhoun, including 10-3 last year.

Clawson Credibility Thread (STOCK RISING) #bringbackbkf

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get another "extension", where his contract doesn't change much, but he gets his assistants more money. That's how you keep good assistants, and that devastated Grobe's tenure. Wake has lost a slew of great ones over the years to higher paying jobs. Lambert, Hood, Calhoun, Mullen, Sherman, Galloway (DOUCHEBAG), and Elko.

I mean more money wasn’t going to keep Lambert, Hood, Mullen, or Calhoun. They all moved up the ladder. Only Sherman and Elko (eta: Galloway too) took lateral positions for more money. Wake is probably never going to pay 800k for a coordinator and that’s fine, as long as Clawson goes out and looks for the best man for the job instead of making the easy hire.

Last edited:
I mean more money wasn’t going to keep Lambert, Hood, Mullen, or Calhoun. They all moved up the ladder. Only Sherman and Elko (eta: Galloway too) took lateral positions for more money. Wake is probably never going to pay 800k for a coordinator and that’s fine, as long as Clawson goes out and looks for the best man for the job instead of making the easy hire.

Sure, I agree. I think Mullen wanted to be an OC, and saw he wasn't going to get an opportunity at Wake after Lobo was promoted. What could have been. I think Mullen had Pat White and Geno Smith at WVU. some pretty good offenses.

I think IIRC, After the Orange Bowl, Lambert had an opportunity to go to Georgia, lateral move, but Grobe got him more money to stay at Wake.

RE: Thread title adjustment.
This title is better than before but still Clawson's credibility is fully in tact and has been all along. He HAD good reasons for the stripped down conservative approach early on. Admittedly, he held on to it longer than needed, imo. But he and the OC clearly made noticeable adjustments to better fit the talent and actual performance on the field.

RE: Thread title adjustment.
This title is better than before but still Clawson's credibility is fully in tact and has been all along. He HAD good reasons for the stripped down conservative approach early on. Admittedly, he held on to it longer than needed, imo. But he and the OC clearly made noticeable adjustments to better fit the talent and actual performance on the field.

Would "CCT: 6-4 (3-3) = Lifetime Contract" be better?

Would "CCT: 6-4 (3-3) = Lifetime Contract" be better?

Yes, and touché. Well played. I hope it (more title adjustments) happens mostly because I would love to see my alma mater have some sustained football success without straining our credibility for expecting and wanting it. I just don’t see his “credibility” as an issue. I believe stakeholders and those spending large sums for a point of school pride should hold receivers of that largesse accountable through firm but reasonably fair critique. This thread definitely works the accountable side among the posters of the fan base. But his authenticity for seeking the same outcomes all seek at WF is not in doubt at all.

Yes, and touché. Well played. I hope it (more title adjustments) happens mostly because I would love to see my alma mater have some sustained football success without straining our credibility for expecting and wanting it. I just don’t see his “credibility” as an issue. I believe stakeholders and those spending large sums for a point of school pride should hold receivers of that largesse accountable through firm but reasonably fair critique. This thread definitely works the accountable side among the posters of the fan base. But his authenticity for seeking the same outcomes all seek at WF is not in doubt at all.

Spoken like a true fan and lawyer. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Good to see our guys getting some publicity

I mean, his 2nd sentence was accurate for that game. Not to breakup our #vibes or anything, but I was furious with Claw/Rug after FSU last year. If they opened up the offense like they did against Lousiville, for example, we win that game by 20+.

Yeah, not sure why you picked that post. It was at least half correct. Claws coached scared in that game.

Wolford was clearly hurt towards the end of that game. The second to last series he made 2-3 terrible passes, including missing a wide open receiver. For the last series, I'm sure Clawson figured his best bet was to just try and pick up a first down running it and then hoping that the defense continued to stop FSU if a punt was needed. Wolford sat out the very next game versus Clemson.

Yeah, not sure why you picked that post. It was at least half correct. Claws coached scared in that game.

Just remembered it being a controversial thread. I didn't scroll past the first few posts. Either way, we can dispel of the myth that Claw is a coward...I believe that was the initial thread title.

Just remembered it being a controversial thread. I didn't scroll past the first few posts. Either way, we can dispel of the myth that Claw is a coward...I believe that was the initial thread title.

On that day, he was.

I'm glad that we could beat Duke for a WR recruit, just hoping we can the same on the field this season.

On that day, he was.

I'm glad that we could beat Duke for a WR recruit, just hoping we can the same on the field this season.

Dude, I kinda had your back, and then you go and make a post like this. We also beat ND, Tenn, SCAR, UNC, and NCSU for said WR recruit.

Hope some people aren't getting too high about this upcoming year. Losing Wolford, Cam, Bates, Duke, and Jaboree (plus the Hinton suspension) is A LOT. Not sure we're better than 5-7.

Back