• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017-18 Men's College Basketball Thread (NWT)

Flipping channels before going to be bed ... flip over to ESPN and Oregon and UCLA are on with Bill Walton babbling about all sorts or nonsense... and all of a sudden he makes a Rodney Rogers reference. I guess we was talking about McIntosh from Oregon and who he reminds him of. Said something about raw strength. I had to rewind it to make sure he actually said "Rodney Rogers". And he did.

Wake references are now reduced to Bill Walton psychobabble. We will take that and be happy with it.

WTF? Clem's son Devoe lights us up from 3 and he goes 1-8 and couldn't throw it in the ocean against dook?

And we know dook plays the same ole D that we do. :confused:

Yep, looks like another road loss for the Deacs on wed at Pitt for their first ACC win. :(

Was looking for some momentum playing as a home favorite yesterday and beating the wolpfack to go on alittle run to close out this forgetful season, but now not so much....

UVA struggling with GT at home.

They play too many close games and are prone to scoring droughts. Makes for a quick exit in March one has to think. Some say they will go far. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Syracuse just gave away the game to Carolina at home. What an awful last possession.

Mike Patrick retiring from ESPN and cited Chill's 1995 ACCT weekend as his most memorable games he ever called. :thumbsup:

Mike Patrick retiring from ESPN and cited Chill's 1995 ACCT weekend as his most memorable games he ever called. :thumbsup:

Wow that is awesome . He definitely had to call a lot of great ones. I know for sure he called the music city miracle so the 95 tourney is some high praise.

Doesn't sound like Colson will play against Wake this weekend.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/02/21/notre-dame-remaining-cautious-as-bonzie-colson-returns-to-practice/

“It would be energizing for us if Bonzie is back for at least half a practice Thursday,” Brey said. “That’s what we’re going to try. That would probably be energizing for everybody, especially for the seniors, to see him back in practice.

“But I don’t think he’s going to be ready to play (vs. Wake Forest) after two semi-days of practice. Pittsburgh’s realistic, depending upon how he reacts. That’s a positive. We need him back.”

Last edited:

That's okay. Farrell will kill us.

That UVA/GT game was a bit strange. Most of the GT games I've seen Okogie was the only thing GT has had, and they've been drubbed some recently. Last night Lammers and Jackson were going off on UVA. Lammers in particular was almost unstoppable. And Pastner had GT coached up for how to attack the packline, especially for passing out of double teams. By far the best I've seen GT play all year as a team. But Okogie was silent. He had 7 1st half points and was scoreless in the 2nd. What's worse is he had Guy on him several times and didn't seek to post him up or take him to the hole. It was the most unassertive I've seen him. That game was close not because UVA had scoring droughts but because GT attacked the packline and stayed with UVA for 35:00. Major kudos to Pastner's game plan.

Interesting to note who is moving up & who is moving down at the end of the season. I see Louisville closing out the season with a tumble and now stand 8-7 & 18-10 overall to get close to the bubble. They finish with 3 tough games--@ VT [L], UVA at home [L] & @ NC State, a probable L the way State is playing now. Even given one win of those three, that is a 19-12 record & 9-9 in the ACC. They better get a couple wins in the tourney to be safe. Joey Brackets already has them in the Final Four at #11 so not much room for error.

A team moving up is Miss St, now #3 in the SEC. 8-7 & 20-8 overall and this league will get at least 7 teams in and maybe 8. [Lunardi has them with 8 now]. They do have a tough closeout schedule though as they have SC at home, who is now playing good bball, UT at home & @ LSU. Ben Howland has done a great job resurrecting that program!

Watch if you can these 2 teams from the Summit League--South Dakota at 24-6 & South Dakota St at 23-6. They play tonight and while both will end up with about 26 wins each, this is probably a one team league in the NCAA, which is a shame. They each had a close loss to a Pac 12 school, Colorado & UCLA, but that is all they play as far as decent competition.

Back