• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods being honored for senior night

KEY is absolutely a guy you want on the team. He needs to be an offense first guy off of the bench. He doesn't need to be playing power forward although that was a nice turn around post move last night!

KEY is a very solid offensive player. He simply is not a good enough athlete to play in the NBA. As one announcer said, Key has an old man game. Love his play but he should be a 15 minute a game player on a better team which could very well be the case next year.

It's almost impossible to get so much wrong in such a short post, but you did.

According to someone with DIRECT knowledge and who gets almost everything right, Key is not transferring. My bad, you know more than Les Johns. How come he's making a living writing about WF sports and you are you?

There's lots of tape on Hoard and Mucius. It's not my fault that you are too lazy to look. Of course if you did, you wouldn't know what to look for anyway. So, don't waste your time.

I hope youre right RJ, but if I were making a bet I would take Key bye bye off of this news.

I hope youre right RJ, but if I were making a bet I would take Key bye bye off of this news.

I'm just presenting what Les said.

I think it would be a very bad move for him to leave for school and basketball reasons. Next year's team is set up perfectly to highlight Key's talents. He can come and fire away with no conscience. He knows the plays. He and his PG have played together for two years. We should be on TV a lot more next year.

As we have seen with all the minutes Wilbekin gets, Danny is very loyal. Key will get his minutes next year. If he returns, we will likely be Top 25 preseason or very close to it.

He would be taking a gamble to go to a new school. Think about trying to find a place that will play in a P6 conference (Big East is big time) and have the perfect, built in slot for him. It's not as likely.

Aside from missing him on next year's Wake team, it would definitely be interesting to keep up w/ Woods in a different major conference program.

Would he thrive in a system that allows him to rain wide open 3s and not do much else? Would he disappear in a rotation at a school having more success due to his defensive inefficiencies? Would he just look like a better (or worse) player across the board? I honestly don't know the answer.

If nothing else, it would be an interesting exercise for everyone on this board to weigh in on his future success once his new school choice is announced. I expect you'd see predictions that were all over the place.

I think it would be a very bad move for him to leave for school and basketball reasons. Next year's team is set up perfectly to highlight Key's talents. He can come and fire away with no conscience. He knows the plays. He and his PG have played together for two years. We should be on TV a lot more next year.

As we have seen with all the minutes Wilbekin gets, Danny is very loyal. Key will get his minutes next year. If he returns, we will likely be Top 25 preseason or very close to it.

He would be taking a gamble to go to a new school. Think about trying to find a place that will play in a P6 conference (Big East is big time) and have the perfect, built in slot for him. It's not as likely.

:tard:

So the 14th place team in the ACC this season is going to be preseason Top 25 next year?

Just to nit pick at a couple of things:

We will NOT be preseason Top 25 (or even receiving votes) next season, regardless of what happens to the roster. Success next year will be more of the TJDK variety where we earn a spot.

Woods would ABSOLUTELY have his choice of places to play next season. With all of the roster attrition across college basketball these days, there would be a long line of suitors for what is basically a one year rental of an "instant offense" type SG. Ironically, if he leaves, we'll be in the market for one, as well.

If we lose Key (whom is our best offensive option, imo) it will not be good. I don't care who we have coming in next season, we need him on the team.

Such a bad look for the coaching staff to have lots of playing time available at his position and have him leave with eligibility left.

giphy.gif

:tard:

So the 14th place team in the ACC this season is going to be preseason Top 25 next year?

We add a 5* player at our weakest position. We add a Top 75 player who can play multiple positions. We add two more ESPN 4* players.

For the first time in many years, we will have a full sized team at all positions. With normal improvement for Doral, Sarr and Chaundee, that's a major addition.

I understand people being frustrated, but we will have more talent next year than we have had for a decade.

If we had gotten HG, we would've been on over 50% of the college basketball magazine covers !!!!111!!!1

We add a 5* player at our weakest position. We add a Top 75 player who can play multiple positions. We add two more ESPN 4* players.

For the first time in many years, we will have a full sized team at all positions. With normal improvement for Doral, Sarr and Chaundee, that's a major addition.

I understand people being frustrated, but we will have more talent next year than we have had for a decade.
giphy.gif

Laughing at that statement (equals post Dino) shows you have no clue and shouldn't be posting.

Even if Wake does make a big jump next year, they still aren't going to be ranked in the pre-season top 25.

You're saying next year's team has more talent than 2008-09 (exactly a decade). I laugh at that statement.

Back