• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Wasn't really keen on making that one permanent but the price is decent. Barca took a solid loss there.

Yep, seems to be moving ahead. Really good signing for Spurs. I think he'll do a lot of the good stuff prime Dembele did, but he could probably operate a little deeper, too, if needed. Anyway, I've seen him a handful of times and liked him each time. Good for them for going out and making it happen, if it does.

Yeah, kinda surprised. Identifying top targets and getting them isn't really our jam (or hasn't been in a while, it seems). Sounds like Tanguy has been top of Poch's list for a while so that's very encouraging. Gianluca DiMarzio is reporting €62m plus bonuses, which would be around 150% of our transfer record (Davy Sanchez). Pretty nuts but hey, it's a brave new world for Spurs.

Wonder what this means on the Lo Celso front. Most opinions I've read have indicated that Lo Celso is not necessarily only an Eriksen replacement but I'll be curious to see if it truly hinges on Christian leaving, which of course is but one domino in a long chain of moving midfielders.

Pogba / Neymar SWITCH on the cards according to highly uncredible sauces!

Sexy story!

I’m just waiting for Barca to buy huge and need to sell O. Dembele. That’ll be fine for me.

Andre Gomes to Everton permanently, official now.

<————-

Im six to midnight over here.

Didn’t want to pay 30M+, but for 22 plus add-ons I’m sold. At worst he’ll be a solid squad player, and he seems to love the club, which is just great.

yeah, i'm sure he really loves the club and won't leave if a bigger, better opportunity comes along.

professional footballers are known for falling in love with a foreign club after a season.

There’s something to be said about having Silva, Richarlison, and Bernard speaking Portuguese with him and the club giving him a shot after Barca let him leave but no doubt he’d bail if for some reason a huge club wanted him. Just don’t see that happening after his drop in value.

Anyone going to the Arsenal/Fiorentina ICC game in Charlotte next month? Will there be any Arsenal players left to cheer on?

I am going. What are you referring to exactly? I haven't been following the gossip day to day, but so far no one has been sold.

Looking like Wan-Bissaka to United is gonna happen in the next 24 hours, great move. Ollie Kay at the Times sums it up well:

@OliverKayTimes
2h ago
Wan-Bissaka to Manchester United agreed. It says much about 1) his talent/potential and 2) #MUFC's awfulness in the transfer market that £45m (potentially rising to £50m) for an uncapped 21-year-old full-back looks like the best deal they've done in ages.

Also Brighton bought Leandro Trossard from Genk. Trossard was a productive player last season, 24 years old. He's very small.

Last edited:
Jack Clarke in London for his medical and L'Equipe reporting that NDombele should be completed in the next 10 days. Holy crap, we're going to sign someone

There’s something to be said about having Silva, Richarlison, and Bernard speaking Portuguese with him and the club giving him a shot after Barca let him leave but no doubt he’d bail if for some reason a huge club wanted him. Just don’t see that happening after his drop in value.

Maybe but he was a completely broken man by the last season at Barca. May not really want a huge club anymore

Sounds like Naby Keita went off injured in AFCON today. Cool. No one could have seen that coming.

Back