• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Some kind of left-sided Gomez would be great, though, which is why Lloyd Kelly's name was popping up before he went to Bournemouth. Future possible Gomez partner, able to cover Robertson until Lewis or Larouci are ready. I always look French at first, so Malang Sarr and Evan N'Dicka come to mind, but I'd also love either of the two Leipzig centerbacks eventually, though they are pure centerbacks.

Have to say, while I love Klopp, I do think he's making a mistake being 'content' with the squad.

It's never going to be easier to recruit than after winning CL and with FSG stating multiple times the $ is there. Not saying we need a bunch of guys but spend and get serious quality to add depth and if possible improve upon the starting 11.

ie. Sell Lovren for 20-25 whatever to Milan and bring in someone younger, better and less injury prone. Push the remaining two for a spot. Given their history, Matip, Lovren and even Gomez cannot be relied upon for half a season let alone a full one.

If the trio wasn't injured back in Jan/Feb we might be looking at a double instead of just Champs League. One of those 1-1 ties could have been a 1-0 victory...

Klopp has the benefit of AOC's return so that will feel like a new signing. I would think that he will add left back and cover for Firmino up top. On the whole, I don't mind Klopp being selective. He's shown he'd rather wait for the big fish than to just simply sign someone that happens to be available.

Was impressed with Everton on Brazil watching them last night, dude burned by the Venz D outta nowhere and woulda completely self orchestrated their winner last night if the ball hadn't hit an offside Firmino on its way into the net.

Gonna be weird if/when he plays Everton

oh man, i need to change my aviator

i might go with Daniel James being excited about his new puppy. SO CUTE AND I LOVE HIM FOR LOVING DOGS

D'ya like dags?

Do the FFP rules not apply to City?

"Leicester City and England's Harry Maguire, 26, is set to become the world's most expensive defender this week when he joins Manchester City for £80m after turning down Manchester United. (Mirror)"

Hahaha what a jackass

It seems if reports are to be believed, Liverpool will sign Sepp van den Berg. Great signing at first blush. Still need to target greater positions of need, but I like the first signing.

Anyone going to the Arsenal/Fiorentina ICC game in Charlotte next month? Will there be any Arsenal players left to cheer on?

Lyon have signed a midfielder, which may grease the skids on Ndombele's departure

Yep, seems to be moving ahead. Really good signing for Spurs. I think he'll do a lot of the good stuff prime Dembele did, but he could probably operate a little deeper, too, if needed. Anyway, I've seen him a handful of times and liked him each time. Good for them for going out and making it happen, if it does.

Back