• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NFL Season Thread Year 100. Superbowl LIV Winner: Kansas City Chiefs

the 4th and 15 instead of onsides kick rule is money. could also come into play (assuming it's timed) when you kick a potential GW field goal/XP and there are 3 or 4 second lefts to keep the other team from getting a KO return or one play to go 70+ yards.

the 4th and 15 instead of onsides kick rule is money. could also come into play (assuming it's timed) when you kick a potential GW field goal/XP and there are 3 or 4 second lefts to keep the other team from getting a KO return or one play to go 70+ yards.

I don't know about that taking the onside option with a lead. If something goes wrong quickly, the play is dead and the other team gets a 42 yard FG or a shot at the endzone.

wouldn't be surprised if it were an untimed down

It would think it would clearly state it is an untimed down if that were the case. I strongly doubt it because it seems like a team could score a TD on that play, so why would it be untimed? If the rule was "get 15+ yards and you can get the ball at your 40," then untimed down would make sense.

Not surprising. He doesn't seem like he would be happy carrying a clipboard waiting for the starter to be injured or play really badly.

It’s a shame Archie couldn’t get him the toy he wanted like he did when he pouted on draft day.

The "Manning retires" scroll on ESPN had me thinking/hoping it was WF MBB news. Alas, no.

If Manning ends up making the HOF, I assume his bust would include the busts of all the defensive players that won those two SBs for him.

If Manning ends up making the HOF, I assume his bust would include the busts of all the defensive players that won those two SBs for him.

Had David Tyree not made his miracle, LAST NFL catch, what would Eli's chances have been?

Eli seems to be a very nice guy, but he's an average QB at best.

He is 7th in passing yards and 7th in passing TDs. Those numbers alone would put him up for HOF consideration. The 2 SBs and, just as important, the 2 SB MVPs, make him first ballot. Nobody on those defense got those MVPs (and neither did Trent Dilfer and neither will Jimmy G if they win); they won because of Eli. Do we start taking SB credit away from Brady because of the Pats defense or the tuck rule or the Falcons collapse or spy gate or deflated balls? No, he won and got the MVPs, to the victor go the spoils.

Plus, he never missed a game to injury.
Plus more, he never had close to HOF talent around him on offense. He made everyone around him better, he sent the fake Steve Smith to the pro bowl and he was out of the league like 2 years later. He won with Amani Toomer and Mario Manningham, not Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin or Marvin Harrison. Shit, he made ODB look like a top 2 or 3 WR in NFL history, only for him to leave and look pretty mediocre with a supposedly "better" QB.

His numbers are because he played a long. long time . He is also ninth all time in pick sixes.

He is mediocre at best.

Had David Tyree not made his miracle, LAST NFL catch, what would Eli's chances have been?

Eli seems to be a very nice guy, but he's an average QB at best.

I don't know, what would Tom Brady's chances be without the tuck rule and Vinatieri? What would Terry Bradshaw's chances have been without the Immaculate Reception? What would Troy Aikman's chances have been without Irvin being allowed to push off on every catch? What would Peyton Manning's chances be without Marlon Jackson's interception?

Manning's career record is .500. Sorry, if you are a QB and your career record is .500 you have to be exceptional to even get a single vote for the HOF. A QB deserving of being in the HOF would have had a much better record.

ELEVEN times he was in the Top 10 in passes intercepted. He led the league four times. He is the active career leader in passes intercepted.

He is only the 24th career passer rating of his time. Sorry, that sucks.

Back