• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: RJ Remembers Amblerfest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tour itself was pretty boring. It was just the payoff/novelty of the free beer — it was a much simpler time. But if there’s no more all you can drink there’s no point.

Did UGA lose a football game? Where’d Biff go?

My guess is he hit the big time in Charlotte commercial real estate which is like...a west elm or something

Yo Juice what Triathlon you doing? I've become a big OWS fan while training for mine. I by that, I mean it did once a few a weeks ago in Jordan Lake, and liked it way better than swimming laps.

I've done plenty of swimming in Jordan myself, but don't go read anything about the quality of the water you are swimming in... And keep your mouth closed...

These facebook ads for that 1500 degree grill are gonna get me one of these days.

These facebook ads for that 1500 degree grill are gonna get me one of these days.

"A real Taste Converter with stunning 1,500 Degrees Fahrenheit"

taste converter? and you questioned my electric kettle purchase

doing the Chicago Triathlon

swimming in the lake here is very wind-dependent, but open-water swimming is way better than laps

once it gets warm enough, I bail on the pool and only do OWS

I actually recently bought a float that connects to a belt for visibility because Jet Skis are kinda a dick

when is your (half?) Iron Man?

Careful -- seem to be a lot of people drowning this year for some reason.

there's a dude in my office who brought in a milk steamer and makes himself like 5 cappuccinos a day

1) hell yea king
2) that's a lot of calories

Moved into our rental house this week and our “screened in porch” looks like the spider lair from Lord of the Rings. I’m about to go to Home Depot to get some Raid and a hose then come back and kill about 1000 of these fuckers. Man I hate spiders.

Careful -- seem to be a lot of people drowning this year for some reason.

Yeah, what happens if you have any sort of health scare (bad cramp, really lightheaded, etc) when you're practicing in open water? Especially solo?

doing the Chicago Triathlon

swimming in the lake here is very wind-dependent, but open-water swimming is way better than laps

once it gets warm enough, I bail on the pool and only do OWS

I actually recently bought a float that connects to a belt for visibility because Jet Skis are kinda a dick

when is your (half?) Iron Man?

Doing the Ohio 70.3 this Sunday outside of Columbus with Manifest. Praying that temps stay below 90 degrees. Lake is suppose to be super chill though for the swim.

Doing the Ohio 70.3 this Sunday outside of Columbus with Manifest. Praying that temps stay below 90 degrees. Lake is suppose to be super chill though for the swim.

Super impressive -- good luck!

German Village and Short North are interesting 'hoods in Columbus.

NGArep

and while I'm glad I'm doing the triathlon because it's forcing me to get in better shape, the time commitment is kinda annoying and I've cut way back on non-triathlon exercise like basketball and TENNIS!, which I enjoy more

I can't imagine doing a half Ironman from a time commitment standpoint

I really want to do the Architecture tour. I've done a boat tour that covered a portion of the architecture tour, but it also went out into the lake which was not all that interesting (except that the canal lock was pretty cool).

I’m late to this but I can’t recommend the architecture boat tour enough. 10/10 would do again.

He co-wrote a Sherlock Holmes related book recently, too, but I don't know anyone who has read it and I don't think I saw any reviews, just that he had done it.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar / All time great super super star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back