• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

went to dinner last night in downtown Asheville and they asked at the door if we were vaxxed, and we just said yeah. They didn't ask to see proof but I guess if you weren't vaxxed you'd probably immediately throw a fit, so I guess it's an easy screening question. At least for now until vax mandates become more commonplace.

How many places are going that in Asheville. Saw on the gram a couple places in Austin are doing it.

Lol update: just googled it and apparently Texas is trying to pull the liquor license of the restaurants requiring it.

We fucked.

How many places are going that in Asheville. Saw on the gram a couple places in Austin are doing it.

that's the first I've seen but I'm sure it'll be more. wouldn't be surprised if the city council passes some kind of reg, or at least a mask mandate.

at the Widespread Panic shows last weekend you had to show proof of vax or a neg test within a certain timeframe of the shows. but you could show a neg test on Friday and have it clear you for the shows the following two nights. they're playing in Austin this weekend and I think they are doing something similar, but you gotta show a neg test for each night if you're not vaxed.

Several places in Durham have already announced that they are requiring vaccination for entry. We are also back under an indoor mask mandate. I’m thinking about just making my vaccine card the Lock Screen on my phone.

Going to Dead and Co Monday night and they are requiring proof of vax. Works for me.

Several places in Durham have already announced that they are requiring vaccination for entry. We are also back under an indoor mask mandate. I’m thinking about just making my vaccine card the Lock Screen on my phone.

I just put it in a separate album so I can quickly pull it up.

My mom was over last weekend and she was like "oh, should I put my name on my card? I haven't yet." She first got it at some drive-up mass-vax site in FL where they just handed you the card right as you got the dose.

For the places that have required is showing the card on your phone good enough? Or was a physical copy required?

We are talking about spending a week in Maine and trying to decide if we should take our cards with us.

I wish more places would get onboard with secured vaccine proof over the cards. Like the information is easily available, if we are going to do vaccine mandates let’s really do vaccine mandates.

Apps where your vaccine status is verified through public health records, not a piece of paper that you could print off right now at home.

gotcha

at the beginning of the vaccine rollout, it seemed like there was a lot of consideration for such a thing, maybe not an app, but something that was verified by public health data -- didn't seem to be considered very long

We are talking about spending a week in Maine and trying to decide if we should take our cards with us.

Sorry, this really cracked me up. People often debate bringing all their fishing gear, golf clubs, stand-up paddle board, etc. A 2 inch piece of paper? Yeah, bring that.

For the places that have required is showing the card on your phone good enough? Or was a physical copy required?

pic on phone was good enough for the Panic shows. they looked at your ID as well.

Why not just wave a wand to detect the chip for proof of vaccination? :thumbsup:

Or how about a vaccination tattoo with special ink? ;)

Every place I’ve seen so far says digital proof is fine. I imagine most understood how inconvenient carrying the physical card would be. Walgreens also has an app with our vaccine info so I’m going to try and use that also and see if people are okay with it. Much more convenient.

Sorry, this really cracked me up. People often debate bringing all their fishing gear, golf clubs, stand-up paddle board, etc. A 2 inch piece of paper? Yeah, bring that.

Makes sense, I just don’t want something to happen to it since it’s literally a flimsy piece of paper

At least the vaccine card is 2021 paper, original proof of social security number looks exactly like a piece of paper from the 80s would look like.

Back