• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

what does that mean? Is it wrong doing to get a job you don't deserve and aren't qualified for?

Do you realize that Board of Directors gigs are mostly ceremonial?

Do you realize very often the #1 qualification is knowing the CEO or others on the Board?

One of my favorite Phillies of all time, Garry Maddoxx was on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Federal Reserve. Legendary opera singer Beverly Sills was on Time Warner's board. Neil Armstrong and Colin Powell have been on many, many boards.

Well known people and celebrities are often put on boards whose only qualification being famous or knowing someone. Being on a board has little to do with you knowing the business.

This is a plant-based nothing-burger.

...’bout freakin’ time.

[actually, the smart move would be to abandon ship.]

Unfinished Business in Iraq: coming to you June 2021

All,

This weekend I let go of President Trump. For the first two years, I was so damn hopeful for smaller federal government and disentanglement from foreign bad-actors. I was excited for the national debt to drop, and local governments to lose the EPA and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers as tools of destruction. I thought a businessman would enable pathways for small businesses to thrive.

At this point, it is clear that, even with four more years, none of that will productively happen. Moreover, the division and social cost of keeping President Trump in the White House is catastrophic.

I'm posting to legitimately seek alternatives for my vote for 2020. I can't bear the cost of four more years.

All,

This weekend I let go of President Trump. For the first two years, I was so damn hopeful for smaller federal government and disentanglement from foreign bad-actors. I was excited for the national debt to drop, and local governments to lose the EPA and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers as tools of destruction. I thought a businessman would enable pathways for small businesses to thrive.

At this point, it is clear that, even with four more years, none of that will productively happen. Moreover, the division and social cost of keeping President Trump in the White House is catastrophic.

I'm posting to legitimately seek alternatives for my vote for 2020. I can't bear the cost of four more years.

It sucks, but hold your nose and vote for Biden. It's unfortunately the only way forward.

It sucks, but hold your nose and vote for Biden. It's unfortunately the only way forward.

Biden is going to win, but we'll have two years of him at most, unless they prop him up and hide him away. We're really voting for the VP at that point.

All,

If anything Biden will put us in a better national debt position because Trump will probably cut taxes again while buying new fighter jets and tanks.

Don’t overthink it or bosides yourself with things like Biden’s gonna go senile in 6 months. He’ll be fine. Just do it.

Biden up 55-41 in CNN poll out today. Bigger lead than Clinton had at any point in polling and past 50 percent later than any point Clinton surpassed it for 2016

Biden up 55-41 in CNN poll out today. Bigger lead than Clinton had at any point in polling and past 50 percent later than any point Clinton surpassed it for 2016

The lack of a traditional campaign is so fucking huge for Biden. Another two months of this and Trump won't even have a chance.

All Donald had to do with corona and these protests was take a normal stance like a leader normally would. Most aren’t expecting the president to have 100 percent of the answers on these topics. He has an uncanny ability to read the room entirely wrong.

All Donald had to do with corona and these protests was take a normal stance like a leader normally would. Most aren’t expecting the president to have 100 percent of the answers on these topics. He has an uncanny ability to read the room entirely wrong.

That's cool you think he reads the room.

Back