• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

The lack of a traditional campaign is so fucking huge for Biden. Another two months of this and Trump won't even have a chance.

Totally - best things that happened to Joe is sitting on the sidelines. 'Rona ain't going anywhere anytime soon and there is nothing Trump can do about it.

Also agree on debt point - somehow Pubs have completely lost track of small government / fiscal responsibility.

Kamala is safe pick, Warren bold move. Agree it requires someone that could potentially step up if/when needed (worst case in '24). Duckworth, Abrams, Whitmer, and other newcomers won't work IMO

Totally - best things that happened to Joe is sitting on the sidelines. 'Rona ain't going anywhere anytime soon and there is nothing Trump can do about it.

But there is and there was. He’s done nearly nothing and hoped it worked.

Right now I'd say the list is (in no special order)- Harris, Demmings, Abrams and Duckworth. I don't think Warren, Whitmer or Klobuchar have a real chance.

If anything Biden will put us in a better national debt position because Trump will probably cut taxes again while buying new fighter jets and tanks.

Don’t overthink it or bosides yourself with things like Biden’s gonna go senile in 6 months. He’ll be fine. Just do it.

A senile Biden is a billion times better than whatever the fuck is wrong with Trump's brain.

because above all else both parties are committed to doing the Absolute Least

Mitt Romney is the perfect example of the absolute best of the GOP, cropping up every couple months and saying something like "things could be better"

The lack of a traditional campaign is so fucking huge for Biden. Another two months of this and Trump won't even have a chance.

It's really telling that without a visible opponent to attack, Trump seems to be floundering. I thought that Biden being quarantined in his basement for a long period of time might well hurt his campaign. Turns out that without having somebody to ridicule and constantly contrast himself with, Trump seems to be just busily beating himself. He really is his own worst enemy. Of course, when Biden inevitably emerges and starts campaigning full-time and giving speeches again, things may change.

All,

This weekend I let go of President Trump. For the first two years, I was so damn hopeful for smaller federal government and disentanglement from foreign bad-actors. I was excited for the national debt to drop, and local governments to lose the EPA and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers as tools of destruction. I thought a businessman would enable pathways for small businesses to thrive.

At this point, it is clear that, even with four more years, none of that will productively happen. Moreover, the division and social cost of keeping President Trump in the White House is catastrophic.

I'm posting to legitimately seek alternatives for my vote for 2020. I can't bear the cost of four more years.

Interested to get your take on this part about small business- was having a conversation with a couple people who are small business owners who support Trump solely because they believe he is a boon to small businesses- are you in disagreement with that?

Because we've let the two parties get too comfortable in their monopolies on politics and because money/rich people run the country.

This year it's more than that. The Pub party has essentially become a white nationalist personality cult that has no interest in continuing as a democratic republic. And this year on the Dem side, we had a huge field with 3 well known candidates with weaknesses and a ton of lesser knowns, an no one captured a majority of the party. Then when it looked like Bernie might emerge with a plurality if it kept going like it was, Obama and/or party heavyweights leaned on everyone else behind the scenes to get out and endorse Joe. This year reminded me a bit of 2004 when no candidate captured the party's interest, and we ended up with a boring Kerry. Had Michelle Obama run this year, she would have won the nomination in a heartbeat, and we wouldn't be talking about why we ended up with an over the hill Joe.

Interested to get your take on this part about small business- was having a conversation with a couple people who are small business owners who support Trump solely because they believe he is a boon to small businesses- are you in disagreement with that?

I have a small business. Can someone explain how Trump is helpful to my business?

All,

This weekend I let go of President Trump. For the first two years, I was so damn hopeful for smaller federal government and disentanglement from foreign bad-actors. I was excited for the national debt to drop, and local governments to lose the EPA and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers as tools of destruction. I thought a businessman would enable pathways for small businesses to thrive.

At this point, it is clear that, even with four more years, none of that will productively happen. Moreover, the division and social cost of keeping President Trump in the White House is catastrophic.

I'm posting to legitimately seek alternatives for my vote for 2020. I can't bear the cost of four more years.

Why would you think a "businessman" who had gone bankrupt at least six times enable business to thrive?

Losing the EPA is a good thing? Do you own a mortuary?

National debt to to drop? Each of the past three GOP POTUS have EXPLODED the national debt. Why would you think he would do anything differently than they did?

Before the election Trump was personally entangled with one of the worst foreign bad-actors -Russia. Trump Toronto borrowed $100-150M from Putin's personal bank. His project in Baku was funded by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. He had been in bed with "foreign bad-actors" for years and years.

This year it's more than that. The Pub party has essentially become a white nationalist personality cult that has no interest in continuing as a democratic republic. And this year on the Dem side, we had a huge field with 3 well known candidates with weaknesses and a ton of lesser knowns, an no one captured a majority of the party. Then when it looked like Bernie might emerge with a plurality if it kept going like it was, Obama and/or party heavyweights leaned on everyone else behind the scenes to get out and endorse Joe. This year reminded me a bit of 2004 when no candidate captured the party's interest, and we ended up with a boring Kerry. Had Michelle Obama run this year, she would have won the nomination in a heartbeat, and we wouldn't be talking about why we ended up with an over the hill Joe.

Sorry, but this is really a short term view of a long lasting and growing problem in American politics.

It's really telling that without a visible opponent to attack, Trump seems to be floundering. I thought that Biden being quarantined in his basement for a long period of time might well hurt his campaign. Turns out that without having somebody to ridicule and constantly contrast himself with, Trump seems to be just busily beating himself. He really is his own worst enemy. Of course, when Biden inevitably emerges and starts campaigning full-time and giving speeches again, things may change.

The Republicans have been attacking Biden from every possible front as the presumptive nominee for about a year now and nothing has stuck. The anti-Biden arguments from the left were more convincing and now Biden is moving to the left and progressives are starting to coalesce against Trump.

The Republicans have been attacking Biden from every possible front as the presumptive nominee for about a year now and nothing has stuck. The anti-Biden arguments from the left were more convincing and now Biden is moving to the left and progressives are starting to coalesce against Trump.

BURISMA!!

what does that mean? Is it wrong doing to get a job you don't deserve and aren't qualified for?

A board of directors position has nothing to do with "qualifications". Often the "qualification" is being famous or knowing the CEO or someone else at the company. This isn't close to being a nothing-burger. It is now and always been a nothing-burger knockoff.

It's like a Rodex for $40 on the streets of NY.

moving to the left my ass, he just fucking sold out every protester on the street. He can fuck off into the sun, and Obama can do the same for legitimizing that son of a bitch.

Back