• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

The Hill poll is out of its mind. She'd be a terrible choice. Her repeated lies to start the Iraq War should disqualify her from any future political office.

The Hill poll is out of its mind. She'd be a terrible choice. Her repeated lies to start the Iraq War should disqualify her from any future political office.

But not Biden though

But not Biden though

Keep attacking, that helps so much.

There was a huge difference that you'd understand if you didn't hate Biden so much. Although many of us understood Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, Rice and the Bush cabal lied to Congress and the American people. She told the lies to the press and public over and over. Biden voted erroneously based on lies he was told and the concept many had that no POTUS would lie to start a war of choice.

But keep tearing down Biden, he's the only person who can beat Trump.

The fact that Biden MIGHT be the only one who can beat Trump after the 4 years he's had tells me once again that Trump is a symptom and not the disease.

The Hill is as bad as Fox. It's an inflammatory type conservative news outlet. Ain't no way Biden is considering a right wing neocon from the W administration.

I'm still thinking Duckworth and Demmings are his best choices.

The Hill is as bad as Fox. It's an inflammatory type conservative news outlet. Ain't no way Biden is considering a right wing neocon from the W administration.

I am not sure what anybody would get out of such a completely ridiculous article, but whatevs.

Biden mentioned that he would consider Pubs to try to broaden his appeal to the middle road voters, but anybody who seriously thinks he is going to appoint a Pub to any significant position isn't thinking too much.

Good responses to the Hill article, was just trying to gauge reactions. I clearly would not be in support of that move.

That Hill piece is another example of the moderates and conservatives trying to co-opt the revolution. Which means it is working. Hopefully the pressure doesn't let up.

Good responses to the Hill article, was just trying to gauge reactions. I clearly would not be in support of that move.

I wouldn't call it an article. I would label it an opinion piece. The word article implies that the piece is news reporting, and that clearly isn't.

Brasky, I think it's just a conservative Pub setting himself up to complain that Biden isn't bipartisan at all when it turns out Biden picks a generic Dem instead of Rice.

Chris, I can see him having an old timey type Pub in a defense or intelligence position or maybe an ambassador or 2 like Huntsman. But not much else. Rockefeller Pubs are pretty much a thing of the past.

^This. Both The Hill and Realclearpolitics like to present themselves as balanced, but they both lean very heavily to the right in most of their opinion pieces and editorials. It seems as if every time conservatives pretend to offer advice to liberals (which is often), it always seems to boil down to: become more like Republicans and move to the right (shocking, I know.)

I wouldn't call it an article. I would label it an opinion piece. The word article implies that the piece is news reporting, and that clearly isn't.

Brasky, I think it's just a conservative Pub setting himself up to complain that Biden isn't bipartisan at all when it turns out Biden picks a generic Dem instead of Rice.

Chris, I can see him having an old timey type Pub in a defense or intelligence position or maybe an ambassador or 2 like Huntsman. But not much else. Rockefeller Pubs are pretty much a thing of the past.

Yep, not an article, an op-ed.

Also further to this point, rather than Dems appointing Rockefeller republicans, they appoint people from the administrative state/federal bureaucracy and then when the administrations end, those appointees go get rich in corp America. The revolving door has replaced the bipartisan cabinet.

It’s also paternalistic. “Those Black women have problems but my favorite Black woman would be ideal.”

for our resident unpaid campaign communication consultants:

Back