• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJ's political-1947 NYC vaccinated 6M in <1 month -Lin Wood says he's 2nd coming

Appointing/delaying/ manipulating judgeships has been going on in America since day one.
If the shoe was on the other foot are you saying the Dems wouldn’t do the same thing? I believe they would.
Dems will do what they have to do but expanding the Court will bring the battle to a whole new level.
Not saying I wouldn’t do it if I was the Dem Leader but as I said, what goes around comes around.
Be careful what you wish for.

Actually it hasn't been done on the level that McConnell and Senate Republicans started doing it in 2009. Is there any evidence that Senate Democrats delayed George W. Bush's nominees, or Reagan or HW's judicial nominees in the 80s, at the same level or same rate as McConnell and Senate Republicans over the past decade? I doubt it. The GOP has already taken this process to a whole new level, as McConnell all but admitted in his little speech. Again, what exactly do the Democrats have to lose? They aren't going to be able to get a SC majority for decades anway thanks to these deliberately younger justices (which is also a break with precedent.) And it doesn't matter what the Democrats do, the GOP will continue to change the rules and pack the courts and do whatever the hell they want when they get back into power. If the Democrats play by the old rules and be nice all they'll get whenever the GOP regains control will be more slaps to the face and more packing hyperpartisan judges onto the courts. The Democrats really do have nothing to lose as far as judges and justices are concerned, because the GOP will screw them irregardless of what they do or don't do.

Appointing/delaying/ manipulating judgeships has been going on in America since day one.
If the shoe was on the other foot are you saying the Dems wouldn’t do the same thing? I believe they would.
Dems will do what they have to do but expanding the Court will bring the battle to a whole new level.
Not saying I wouldn’t do it if I was the Dem Leader but as I said, what goes around comes around.

Why are you trying so hard to "both sides" everything?

Because he’s an ashamed trump voter who won’t admit it

Dems could hypothetically add justices. Therefore they would. Therefore they already have. Therefore pubs MUST do this now. For logical consistency.

It’s pathetic logic. They’re too ashamed to admit it.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if over 100,000,000 votes are cast before election day. We could easily pass 160,000,000. That would be very good for Biden and Dems down ticket.

It is black letter federal law that slowing the mail is a felony punishable by 5 years in jail and a 250,000 fine. Each day the mail is slowed is another crime. Given that this has been going on for at least 100 days, each would face 500 years in jail and a $25,000,000 fine.

It can be argued that each piece of mail that is delayed is an individual felony and fine.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving Dejoy a plea bargain of 10-15 years in a medium security prison and a $10,000,000 fine for his testimony that convicts Trump for his participation in this series of crimes. I'd even let Trump plea for 20-25 years and a huge fine. If he allocutes and takes responsibility for his attempt to rig an election, let him do his time in a maximum security prison. If he doesn't take 100% responsibility and apologize, then put him in supermax. Trying to kill democracy and overthrow the Constitution is far worse than being a Mafia don or drug kingpin.

With all these voter suppression rulings, Dems have no choice but to expand federal courts and the Supreme Court. It's 1,000,000 % the GOP's fault this is happening.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans.

Are you getting -Site not secured. May being hacked.

(and posts may be repeated-if this shows up twice -that may be the reason)

Last edited:
Are you getting -Site not secured. May being hacked.

(and posts may be repeated-if this shows up twice -that may be the reason)

It's not getting hacked, our provider let the cert for SSL lapse. It's still safe.

Why does “what goes around comes around” apply to the Dems but not to what McConnell and crew have done?

Since I can't post on the proper place to let people know, I thought posting it here might help.

Where would the proper place be? You can't see someone already had started a technical support thread and I had already responded to it?

Floating the idea that the site may have been hacked is a little reckless unless you know what you're talking about.

I almost never go there as I can't contribute. No, I didn't see it.

I'm sorry I used the TERM I was given by my computer. I was trying to help. But you have to take a shot at me. Why is that?

If Ossoff keeps up the "Perdue profited off you losing your job and your friend's death", Ossoff should be able to win the runoff. He could be the surprise winner the Dems need to get rid of the Turtle.

I almost never go there as I can't contribute. No, I didn't see it.

I'm sorry I used the TERM I was given by my computer. I was trying to help. But you have to take a shot at me. Why is that?

Well, that's the place you'd go to report such a thing, and the place you should check for info on stuff like this. I know you can see that forum, thus the assertion that you "can't post on the proper place" doesn't hold much water if you don't even go there to see if someone else has reported on it.

There was no shot taken there, trust me.

Drinking something very different than 2016...

Probably start with G&T...move to wine for dinner...some version(s) whisk(e)y afterwards.

I’d like to imagine I can keep drinking until this thing is clearly settled. But I’m doubtful.

Back