• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of when I take my son to the neighborhood pool around 2-3 pm during the week it’s usually just me and the moms. I’m still at the age where he’s constantly held, but man am I am looking forward to hanging with the gals one day. My yeti mug is ready to go!

also probably my most relaxing thing to do when taking conference calls from phone is sitting on back deck when sun is shining bright and you can see the pond clearly is to watch turtles aimlessly swim around. shit is cathartic af.

About the only yard work i dislike is bush trimming so at least my wife likes that part. itchy and allergic scrapes from the bushes plus no matter how much i take off it looks like nothings changed. I have a bad history with hedge trimmers and fingers too.

Also edging is stupid because the weed eater cartridges are as expensive as the entire tool.

Nice #humblebrag

About the only yard work i dislike is bush trimming so at least my wife likes that part. itchy and allergic scrapes from the bushes plus no matter how much i take off it looks like nothings changed. I have a bad history with hedge trimmers and fingers too.

Also edging is stupid because the weed eater cartridges are as expensive as the entire tool.

I can never get the self-feeding ones refilled properly so they function. So I replace the head with some single strand holder thing and buy the line in bulk and cut it into pieces. Works better for me.

Birding is the best.

I am all about the springtime bird drama in our backyard. We have a pair of chickadees that nest in a house on our house, and that's so much fun to watch their patterns of behavior... until the mother effing scrub jays show up. Fuck those birds. Last year they picked off the fledging chickadees. This year they got all but one.
Meanwhile, we have euro starlings, rufous hummingbirds, dark-headed juncos, a flock of robins, flickers, a community of crows, red-tailed hawks, and a pair of bald eagles that also make themselves known in addition to various wrens and finches. The eagles don't come into the yard, but they circle above and it's fun to hear the crow sentinels start sounding off. I've let coworkers know that if I'm looking off-screen it's not my second screen, I'm probably watching birds. It's great stuff.

I actually like the mulch spreading as well. Twice a year, 6 or 8 yds each time although than can probably start reducing somewhat. When we moved in here it was like bare dirt so to get the backyard and beds in shape it took mountains of mulch.

I'll keep this in mind for your next visit.

Speaking of when I take my son to the neighborhood pool around 2-3 pm during the week it’s usually just me and the moms. I’m still at the age where he’s constantly held, but man am I am looking forward to hanging with the gals one day. My yeti mug is ready to go!

This is me.

Tank top and Truly beverage in the Yeti.

You gotta switch to Vizzys, my friend’s wife got us into it then. Much better.

High Noon is the king but they’re harder to acquire in our puritanical ABC store state

My wife also just started picking up Vizzys, they are excellent

topo chicos >>> any of those other party waters

Tried them. Got a variety pack. A couple of flavors were really good. A couple of flavors were god awful.

It's a scam anyway... It's not even Topo Chico water. Molson Coors licensed the brand from Coca-Cola to make a hard seltzer.

Mostly all hard seltzer is fine. Very few better and very few worse.

I’ve been buying Kirkland brand this summer and it’s solid (and cheap). 20 bucks for a 24 pack.

Dang, I need to have myself some kids to do the unwelcome labor around my house

Dang, I need to have myself some kids to do the unwelcome labor around my house

No. Kids are like boats. You're better off having a neighbor who has one so they can deal with the crap and you just get tangential benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back