• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for that sarcastic comment I won't tell you about the Wild Kingdom-like close encounter we had with a huge osprey...

See, there you go, Ospreys are awesome.

Birdman bird factoid: When osprey catch a fish they carry it back to the nest with the fish's head facing forward to reduce drag and make flying just a little bit easier.

Bonus birdman bird factoid: Bald Eagles make about 40% of their living stealing food from osprey, so even after DDT was eliminated form the US, Bald Eagles did not recover until Osprey made their own recovery first.

Birdman bird factoid: When osprey catch a fish they carry it back to the nest with the fish's head facing forward to reduce drag and make flying just a little bit easier.

Bonus birdman bird factoid: Bald Eagles make about 40% of their living stealing food from osprey, so even after DDT was eliminated form the US, Bald Eagles did not recover until Osprey made their own recovery first.

So the symbol for America is an asshole thief. Sounds about right.

One perks of growing up in Jacksonville was field trips to the naval base where we got to see Osprey helicopters and survival training.

Ospreys are also the mascot for the University of North Florida in Jacksonville whose men’s golf team is currently playing in the same regional as Wake.

The one we saw was not doing that - probably because we startled it. The fish it was carrying was so big it could barely get airborne...

Mako - years ago I saw an osprey fishing in the New River near Todd - I don't know if that is a typical habitat for them.

8-0 at halftime. Damnit. One more goal and I could’ve been on my way.

I just can’t understand why some people are so excited and fascinated with uniform numbers.

How do we know it’s not just because osprey are sick fucks and take pleasure in looking down to see the terrified faces of the fish they catch?

My wife just admitted to me that she thought Macaulay Culkin was his last name. Like “Bob McCauleyculkin” or something.

She saw Rory Culkin’s name in the credits for Under the Banner of Heaven and finally put 2 and 2 together.

I was so happy to be there next to her when she had that epiphany.

My wife decided she wasn’t going to let her wallet getting stolen ruin a vacation day.

She took the kids down to the pool where our son was promptly stung multiple times by wasps.

How do we know it’s not just because osprey are sick fucks and take pleasure in looking down to see the terrified faces of the fish they catch?

Because I am a goddamn professional ornithologist and I said so.

I watched The Disaster Artist tonight but feel like I should’ve watched The Room to fully appreciate it. Still laughed a decent bit.

I think Vince Staples deserves most of the same accolades that Kendrick gets.

Birdman, what bird makes sounds like a dolphin and can you tell it to shut up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back