• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Doofus picked us up in Charlotte a few weeks ago at 1130 pm and it literally took him half an hour to get through the arrival line to get us.

Have your ride park in Hourly Parking and meet you downstairs at the baggage claim. If your ride parks for less than an hour parking is free. It is an easy in and out of Hourly Parking. You miss the arrival line.

Wait, is this an actual flight that exists?

Actually it is a leg of a cross country flight. Flights from DCA are limited to a non-stop distance of 1600 miles for political reasons. One flight used to go from DCA to IAD, then to the west coast.

there are now flights from DCA to the West Coast. I've flown from there to LAX, Vegas and Phoenix. There are also flights to Seattle and I think Portland and SFO.

Why can’t we devise a system where we check in a carry on bag and robots put it above your assigned seat. Imma move to San Fran and make a start up.

yeah that's a big disadvantage for Sanford is no Magical Express if staying at Disney

Did they stop this ? At one point they were running magical express it was just a limited schedule. Like 4 times a day as opposed to the number of runs from Orlando

Why can’t we devise a system where we check in a carry on bag and robots put it above your assigned seat. Imma move to San Fran and make a start up.

Or maybe just have assigned carry-on slots above those seats rather than free-for-all bins?

Flying out of CLT for Thanksgiving and figured I'd go ahead and book a parking spot. Any preferences for the offsite parking companies? I see Park N Go and The Parking Spot charge the same rate.

i had no idea that was a thing. how much are they and when are you going to be flying out?

i had no idea that was a thing. how much are they and when are you going to be flying out?

it's like $5.95 a day...traveling Mon-Sat that week but figured it'd be nice to not have to worry about the regular airport lots being full

You're fine if you're leaving on Monday. You should be able to roll in and park.

Yeah, if you're leaving Monday you'll be fine to park anywhere. But if it's $6/day that's a pretty good rate too. I always use the daily deck for long term travel - over 6 days would cost you an extra $24 total.

Flying out of CLT for Thanksgiving and figured I'd go ahead and book a parking spot. Any preferences for the offsite parking companies? I see Park N Go and The Parking Spot charge the same rate.

Park n Go is very convenient. I used it all the time during the major construction. Now, I usually use the daily lot but there is a good argument that PnG is better - they pick you up and drop you off at your own car and get you out of all the airport congestion. It is better than Business Valet, IMHO. The only downside is the gravel lot, if that bothers you. I haven't tried The Parking Spot but I assume it is about the same.

You can pay Park n Go to detail your car and give it back clean and waxed.

Yeah, if you're leaving Monday you'll be fine to park anywhere. But if it's $6/day that's a pretty good rate too. I always use the daily deck for long term travel - over 6 days would cost you an extra $24 total.

yeah I get that it's probably ok, but since this is a busy travel week and we're driving down from Asheville would be nice to know just directly where to go rather than hunting among the various on-site lots and garages. we typically do park at the long term CLT lot, but sometimes it's challenging finding a spot and knowing which lot is your better bet.

I hate the long term lots out there. the deck is so much better for just a couple of dollars per day. But I have never tried the "offsite" lots - sounds like a good option!

I have am in an American flight right now from Austin to Charlotte. The plane still an originally painted orange and red PSA plane. PSA was acquired by USair in 1987, wtf???? This plane is easily 35 years old and doesn’t appear to have been updated much. America sucks so bad.

but who was phone?

Back