• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

at MCO this still only helps so much, now that they put everyone into precheck.

I'll also second DFW and add LGA to the mix.

bill passed in the House and is under review in the Senate to prevent the practice of putting non-verified travelers into precheck

bill passed in the House and is under review in the Senate to prevent the practice of putting non-verified travelers into precheck

Does that bill include travelers under the age of 12 flying with their parents who have pre-check? It makes it easier when I am flying with the kids.

Does that bill include travelers under the age of 12 flying with their parents who have pre-check? It makes it easier when I am flying with the kids.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/6265

Any traveler under the age of 12 or over the age of 75 who is not a member of a trusted traveler program shall be permitted to utilize PreCheck security screening lanes at TSA checkpoints when traveling on the same reservation as a member of a trusted traveler program.

that's too bad. kids fuck up precheck more than any other single group. They try to bring water through, carry random shit in their pockets, etc. But at least they're slow as hell.

DFW, Dulles and Kansas City would like a word.

I haven't flown into or out of Dulles (nor do I remember Orlando), but DFW is worlds better than Kansas City in particular.

People vastly exaggerate how bad DFW is for connections while completely ignoring that it is a really, really good airport for non-connecting traffic. Certainly better than ATL.

Kansas City is awful for any kind of traffic. Cramped, no food options, and not fully connected behind security.

I haven't flown into or out of Dulles (nor do I remember Orlando), but DFW is worlds better than Kansas City in particular.

People vastly exaggerate how bad DFW is for connections while completely ignoring that it is a really, really good airport for non-connecting traffic. Certainly better than ATL.

Kansas City is awful for any kind of traffic. Cramped, no food options, and not fully connected behind security.
DFW is not bad at all, the sky train basically ensures you are within 15 min of all connecting flights. Posted as I am pulling up to a DFW gate with a connection to make.

Concourses are so narrow at the American terminal at DFW I'm not sure I can walk 150 yards and back in 15 minutes during peak hours.

No worse place to fly out of on a Sunday after the cruise ships dump their passengers and parents are herding kids through security.

Key to Orlando id leveraging Clear + TSA Pre. Otherwise security in standard TSA pre can back up bad before you have to get on a train to the terminals.

Concourses are so narrow at the American terminal at DFW I'm not sure I can walk 150 yards and back in 15 minutes during peak hours.

Which terminal are you referring to? Most the terminals at DFW are American terminals.

DFW is easy and awesome, y'all are crazy. I connect through there every time I fly. They also have the only COAL FIRE GRILL in any airport in America at the TGIFridays

I moved from Charlotte in 1987 and haven’t flown in or out of there since. Until yesterday. What a dump. The airport looks exactly like I remember it thirty years ago.

KC is a crappy airport, but security is a breeze.

Well, I was in both A and C this morning and found it to be no worse than any other major airport, except maybe DEN which just has ridiculously wide concourses.

Well, I was in both A and C this morning and found it to be no worse than any other major airport, except maybe DEN which just has ridiculously wide concourses.

My flight into DFW in the same gate my flight to Austin was leaving from, good luck.

My pilot was nowhere to be found for a hour after we boarded, bad luck.

I moved from Charlotte in 1987 and haven’t flown in or out of there since. Until yesterday. What a dump. The airport looks exactly like I remember it thirty years ago.

did you notice all the signs that say "we're renovating"? D and A concourses are sweet; B and C are being updated. E is just like every other regional jet terminal in the world

Back